Impossible Meat/Coconut Oil

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I usually buy other ground faux meat, but Impossible was on half price clearance.

I cooked the Impossible ground and it was literally dripping with oil. There was a lot left in the pan, and the ground meat was covered in a sheen of oil. The grounds were, literally, covered in it.

I'm not oil free, and like a drizzle of olive oil in my food, but the grounds were dripping in oil. I put it in a strainer and washed most of the oil off. It tasted just fine. It didn't need that extra oil.

They really need to cut back on the coconut oil in Impossible meats. I've seen packages of Beyond that state that they reduced the fat by 35%. Impossible needs to follow their lead.

I agree - because I made a trip to a vegan store and bought a lot of faux options I have been disgusted with myself and the amount of oily food we have been eating - the dish water is oily etc. I am looking forward to going back to mostly whole foods and sticking with the few known like Gardein, Field Roast and Future Farm. I can't stand the smell of Impossible or Beyond.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: bEt