Immunity system

Rosa C

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
In times like these with this coronavirus situation it's good to have good immunity. I leave here a video about plant-based food that can increase our immune defenses. If you have information about this, feel free to post. Hope it helps!

Reactions: KLS52
OK. I didn't see this when it was first posted but I was about to post a new thread on this topic when the VF alerted me to this. And TBH, I didn't finish watching the video posted above. the narration is just too annoying. Why do they do that?

We hear a lot about how to boost the immune system. In fact, what prompted this post was an article I got in my mailbox today about what Dr. Gregar recommends to boost the immune system.

And maybe it's just about semantics but I'm getting tired of hearing about boosting the immune system. It's my impression that some of the worst things that happen to people are when their immune system is "too strong"

It's my belief that all you need is
1. a healthy diet
2. exercise
3. enough sleep

A lot of this stuff is really just those three things. But we also hear a lot of other stuff. Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
The easiest ways to strengthen the immune system are healthy sleep, a balanced diet and vitamins. Every morning I drink a glass of water with lemon and ginger.
I also take various supplements to get my daily dose of vitamins. I order my complex here https://https//www.canadapharmacy.com/
At present, you need to be very careful about your immunity, given all the viruses.
I wish everyone health and good mood.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
This was interesting but a little hard to get through for me. By the second half I couldn’t help noticing the face on Ann Esselstein...I think she couldn’t wait for him to be done. She even goes “yay” at the end. Lol. I’m going to google some information on the subject. It’s easier for me to read than it is to watch a video.

Reactions: fakei and Lou
There is another video where he mentions the foods to avoid in order to protect the endothelium:

My partner and our son both take elderberry every day. They take each once a day, through the thick of winter(and since the Covid pandemic). Neither one has been sick at all this year. My guy usually gets very sick at least twice a winter and this is the first time in a decade that he hasn't even had a sniffle.

Reactions: Lou
My partner and our son both take elderberry every day. They take each once a day, through the thick of winter(and since the Covid pandemic). Neither one has been sick at all this year. My guy usually gets very sick at least twice a winter and this is the first time in a decade that he hasn't even had a sniffle.
I wouldn't immediately give elderberry too much credit. what is that saying, oh yeah.
Correlation does not imply causation

I was just remarking to a friend that with all this social distancing, hand washing, and mask-wearing, no one is going to get the flu or a cold this year. Productivity and school attendance this year would skyrocket - if anyone still went to work or school. :)