I need some support

Sportyal

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi I am new to this forum and came here as a last effort for advise from people who actually understand my vegan lifestyle, I have been vegan for over 2 years, have a physical job in construction 6/7 days a week 10 hours a day and for the last month I've been struggling I've felt sluggish depressed snappy and just not myself, from what I can tell my diet is no different from the previous years I've upped my training a bit but have increased calories to accommodate this!

What's up why am I always so tired? am not getting enough of something? or is this honey moon period of endless energy and good moods finally over and this is my life again now? Any advice would be gratefully received I'm willing to try Any thing right about now to go back to the old me.

You're likely burning more calories than you are consuming. Have you tried using cronometer to input what you're eating to what you are doing physically? That was my problem. I was burning more than I was consuming (a lot more). That may be what is happening. Make sure to drink lots of water as well as that can also affect tiredness.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Don't know where in the world you live but it could be seasonal or a vitamin D deficiency? We don't get a lot of sun (or daylight in general) in winter where I am so a lot of people feel sluggish and down this time of the year.

It could be total calories, it could be a specific nutrient, or it could be a non food issue. Please do consider other issues like how stressful your life is or are you getting enough sleep. What do you do in the 1 hour before going to bed - e.g. meditation beats computer games at this hour.

What has changed in the last month or two? If not your diet, what else?

If you feel like this is very serious, then I would see a vegan nutrionist at least as a one off as the money has got to be worth it even allowing for the risk that this may not help. And the problem does not have an obvious solution, so it may need a professional to do a more detailed analysis.

If this doesn't feel very serious yet, you could wait and see if things revert naturally to where they were before. Or just tweak things , slighlty more excerise or less exercise for instance.

Good luck!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Thanks everyone I think the vitamin D could be worth a look and maybe I will increase calories further to see if this helps!

Don't know where in the world you live but it could be seasonal or a vitamin D deficiency? We don't get a lot of sun (or daylight in general) in winter where I am so a lot of people feel sluggish and down this time of the year.

^^^^ yes, i agree