I need help coping

greeniegogo415

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I am now on a fully vegan diet. But my family is suffering quite a lot. We have no ideas for different kind of dinners i can have that dont cost a substantial amout of money (as i need to have seperate meals because they are meat eaters) , so most times i end up having vegan burgers, wich i dont really like the taste of.

This is putting so much stress on everyone and putting a permenent bad atmosphere around me, so therefore making me very miserable :( will this go away? Does anyone have any ideas to help, because honestly if it stays like this, i dont think i can keep up this lifestyle anymore. All help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Xx

Hi,

I suggest finding a favourite vegan youtube cook. There are an overwhelming number of creative people out there, finding recipes that appeal to you and simply adding meat for your family.
Surviving on a diet of veggie burgers simply isn't sustainable.
I'm 7 months in and am now only really getting a grip of veggie based cooking. I find that I'm eating a lot more ethnically diverse food, which is great, but personally I'm having issues with digestion.
Just remember why you are doing this great (and morally right) thing.
I personally wouldn't judge you if you reverted to being, say a part time vegan, trying your best half of the week, But just remember it's actually very difficult to be protein deficient if you are eating enough calories of anything.
Do what you can. All the best.

Reactions: liv
I think a really good way to find more vegan meals is to start cooking yourself, finding recipes online and experimenting with them. Vegetables are a huge part of a vegan lifestyle so explore them, there's so much more to veganism than burgers, and a love for and interest in food will help you explore your options. Good luck!