Humans close to wiping out another species

I see why some people accuse veg*ns of having sympathy for only non-human animals.

I see why some people accuse veg*ns of having sympathy for only non-human animals.

I'm sure if someone posted a mutilated body of a human corpse there would be similar distress as with the rhino picture.

Not that some vegans don't have more sympathy for non-human animals, I'm sure some do.

I have more sympathy for the prey than the predator. I don't really care what a bunch of ignorant belligerent meat eating humans who will cherish any excuse they can dream up on a whim to justify their carnism and the destruction of the entire ecosystem that is a direct result of their carnism have to say about that.

I'm sure if someone posted a mutilated body of a human corpse there would be similar distress as with the rhino picture.

Not that some vegans don't have more sympathy for non-human animals, I'm sure some do.

I tend to.

It's a shameful pleasure. Or it would be, if there was shame involved.

Nobody cares about the guinea worm.

Then again, parasites that attack humans tend to rank pretty low on the vegan care scale.

Then again, parasites that attack humans tend to rank pretty low on the vegan care scale.

Well, if something was directly threatening my personal survival - a 'me or it' situation - I'd be doing what I can to ensure my safety. If this can be done without killing, fantastic, but it's not usually the case. Granted, ginuea worms aren't usually fatal, but they're supposedly damned painful, and I wouldn't let my body be host for one out of my desire to live a lifestyle as free from cruelty as possible. I can hardly get worked up over others essentially doing the same as I would do.

Reactions: Muggle
Nobody cares about the guinea worm.

There seems to be an implication that there's something wrong with ranking parasites low on the care scale?

Parasites generally rank low/nonexistent on my care scale. I do everything I can to keep my animals as flea, tick and worm-free as possible. I'm more concerned with the parasites' effect on them than on me.

parasites are just an inevitable consequence of the evolutionary process. Science should eradicate them in the same way as a surgeon would cut out a tumour.