How to make delicious butternut squash pasta?

Anonymous1502

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I am trying to make a tasty butternut squat pasta but can't get it right.What I do currently,

Boil butternut squash, put in blender with salt+pepper+coconut milk+vegetable stock cube+herbs de provenance+cooked onion+cooked garlic.I also pan fry gently pumpkin seeds to put on top.I don't know what to add to take it to the next level.Any ideas?

What pasta are you using? do you have any nutritional yeast that you could add on top? a few flakes of dried chili peppers wouldn't go amiss.

Emma JC

Reactions: Anonymous1502
What pasta are you using? do you have any nutritional yeast that you could add on top? a few flakes of dried chili peppers wouldn't go amiss.

Emma JC

I don't like spicy foods.I used tagliatelle.I don't have nutritional yeast at the moment I tried it in the past and didn't think it wasn't as amazing as everyone else made it out to be.

When you put the squash in the blender add either a bit of tomato sauce and/or some greens (fresh) and it will make it bit more pesto"y".

Emma JC

I am trying to make a tasty butternut squat pasta but can't get it right.What I do currently,

Boil butternut squash, put in blender with salt+pepper+coconut milk+vegetable stock cube+herbs de provenance+cooked onion+cooked garlic.I also pan fry gently pumpkin seeds to put on top.I don't know what to add to take it to the next level.Any ideas?
Don't boil it, cut it into chunks, toss in some olive oil and roast in a hot oven until it slightly chars, then put it in the blender. Roasting squash concentrates the flavour, boiling it dilutes it. Hope this works...