How to deal with wild animals chewing inside car?

Danielle

forever seeking fire
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My car has been having trouble starting but if I tried long enough I could eventually get it started. Then I went to work on Monday, I had a very hard time starting it. I knew I had to get it checked out that day, but I couldn't get it to start it after work so it got towed off to a mechanic.

Anyway.. when people tried jumping off my car and it failed I noticed some of the rubber in the inside was chewed up. I don't know if anything important was chewed. I was wondering how to deal with it that hopefully doesn't include killing. Maybe some bitter apple spray?

My car has been having trouble starting but if I tried long enough I could eventually get it started. Then I went to work on Monday, I had a very hard time starting it. I knew I had to get it checked out that day, but I couldn't get it to start it after work so it got towed off to a mechanic.

Anyway.. when people tried jumping off my car and it failed I noticed some of the rubber in the inside was chewed up. I don't know if anything important was chewed. I was wondering how to deal with it that hopefully doesn't include killing. Maybe some bitter apple spray?
When you say rubber, you mean insulation? like on the electrical cables?

Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers, used to get this question a lot. It was usually good for a few minutes of levity.

But the spray is a good idea. they actually make stuff especially to keep rodents out of cars.
The sprays are somewhat pricey and may not be all that good for the environment.
Honda makes a mouse proof tape. Its also expensive but not that toxic. It uses some kind of chili pepper base. And it might be a pain to apply to everything. The spray would be a ton easier.
There are also a few electronic gizmos. you plug them in to your car under your hood and they use ultrasonics to keep the animals away.