How many times did you get heart broken?

The Master Of Design

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It really amazes me how many times I got heartbroken and still kept believing in love. I am 27 years old and I have been in many relationships and it always ends the same.

Recently was the hardest one and I never talk about it to anyone so that's why I thought to ask how you are doing and to tell what is on my chest :)

Ps. The latest relationship was 3 days 3 months ago which is funny but true. She was Vegeterian and we met in a Vegan restaurant where I bought her cake. I was planning to marry this girl (haha I know it was too soon and I gave her fake engagement ring when she had a flight back home).

It still hurts after 3 months I can't believe that I can fall in love with someone in 3 days and not be able to date anyone for 3 months.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mikkel and Val
I'm soon 43 and the number is about 0.5 times. I was a bit sad when one of my relationships was ended in 2001 (we was together for 1.5 year), but when I got the distance from it and could really understand my feelings, I can't say it was a broken heart. It was other things, but it was helping me to settle my life and find myself too. But I have to admit I have broken a couple of hearts myself, and it's not nice to do. :(

I find it very interesting how different people are. How some people can fall really in love several times, while others more or less never.

Time will heal wounds, and then you find someone else. :) And luckly most of us are optimistic and think this is the one and go for it. :)

I have only kissed one person in my life. That person was my wife about 15 minutes after we were engaged. I would have delayed the kiss by several days if I could. But, she seemed to want a kiss real bad.

Books and media portrays couples experiencing hot passionate love. I never experienced that type of romance. The fuel of inflamed love must burn up explosively. The dust settles eventually to expose the ugly source of the fuel. The source is insecurity, vanity, and self doubt.

Extreme romantic intensity strains and breaks a persons heart sooner or later. Would it happen after the special someone moved on? Would it happen after the special someone forgot to flush the toilet after Mexican food night?

I felt my heart break many times before and after I got married. It happened when relatives made poor lifestyle choices. It happened at work when I saw the school district burn through hard earned tax payer money.

It happened most recently when I saw an adorable animal scream in pain while she slowly died to become a Whopper and a designer handbag. Should we reduce life to the value of junk food and unnecessary luxuries?

Will a young lady feel special when she carries her leather handbag to prom? Will that handbag bring her acceptance and love?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Raven
The first guy I was with wanted a poly relationship, I didn't. That didn't last more than a month. I was 18 at the time. I didn't get into my first real relationship until I was 28, which is current. It's been more than half a year, but we met 3 years ago.
I was stupid enough to agree to a poly relationship because I wanted to have a relationship, only to later decide that it wasn't going to be enough for me. He wanted an open relationship for himself but he didn't want me to do the same. I didn't want to date multiple people, I only wanted to date one person, and I wanted my partner to do the same. There were many times where I wanted to have a relationship, I was thinking maybe I'd just be single for life. I didn't think I'd find a partner because I don't want to have an open relationship. Now I see all these videos that are really negative towards women, they like to say that women are cheaters and aren't worth committing to. I used to think that about men.

Last edited:
You're very lucky indeed. I can't even count the number of times..... o_O :D

That's not always lucky. As some of us really has a hard time to find people you will get strong enough feelings for. And probably will never have a relationship.

I don't think I have the ability to love a person. I have people I like a lot, but love as in potential partner. No.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas