Horse Riding Cruelty: The Effects of the Bit

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
this is the second video in my series on horse ethics. there's a saying that “a harsh bit in good hands can be mild, and a mild bit is only as harsh as the hands controlling it.” is it truly a matter of a rider's skill? or are bits patently cruel devices? today we’re going to take a deeper look at the use of bits and their effect on horses both physically and psychologically. blog post with references and resources: Horse Riding Cruelty: Effects of the Bit | Bite Size Vegan

I am in complete admiration of your dilligence and prodigious efforts in putting these videos together. What a great vegan advocate you are, Emily. People may not agree with you, but they certainly can't question your delivery - which is tactful, concise, educated and consistent throughout each of your presentations. And cheers to you for fielding the youtube comments sections. I hope you only participate in those as you see fit - lot of dumb-*** trolls there, which I'm sure you recognize. But I'd hate to see them wear you down or consume your seemingly endless supply of energy.

Nice job again. From one vegan to another - you have educated me and helped further my own arguments. Consider me a soldier in the nugget army. :master:

I am in complete admiration of your dilligence and prodigious efforts in putting these videos together. What a great vegan advocate you are, Emily. People may not agree with you, but they certainly can't question your delivery - which is tactful, concise, educated and consistent throughout each of your presentations. And cheers to you for fielding the youtube comments sections. I hope you only participate in those as you see fit - lot of dumb-*** trolls there, which I'm sure you recognize. But I'd hate to see them wear you down or consume your seemingly endless supply of energy.

Nice job again. From one vegan to another - you have educated me and helped further my own arguments. Consider me a soldier in the nugget army. :master:
wow thank you so much :) i'm so glad that the videos are coming across well and the work is paying off in that respect. this really is a demanding endeavor but if i'm even making small changes then it's all worth it.

i do have to start picking and choosing more with comments and everything. i'm stretched way too thin at this point :( i need a team of people, honestly!

anyway, thank you so very much for your kind words. :)

Reactions: Dedalus