Music Horrible singles decisions

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Record labels are not perfect and they make mistakes regarding singles. Are there any horrible singles decisions that stand out to you?

Aren't most if not all songs available as singles now or are you talking back in the LP days?
A song has to be sent by the record label to the radio stations for them to play it. Otherwise they won't play it and it doesn't become a single. Even today it works that way.

I'm a little biased - but in my opinion, record labels are artistically flawed - and therefore just about every decision they make is horrible. Singles especially. If a song doesn't fit into some canned, sterile formula, it's not likely to get airplay.

Reactions: Pickle Juice
...that being said I can still contribute an opinion which (in my mind) fits the description of what you're looking for:

Single: Beth - Kiss

A smarmy excuse for a song that should have never seen the light of day. ANY other song on Destroyer is hands down better than this one.

Just a few more hours and I'll be right home to you. I think I hear them calling, Oh Beth what can I do

Sorry, couldn't resist, especially since I now have that song stuck in my head. o_O

Reactions: Dedalus
:eek: Now mine too!

<Shakes fist

Then my work here is done. ;)

Despite my name being Beth, I have never actually heard that song.

There's a much better unplugged version, but they aren't wearing makeup. And what could be better than to have someone with a cat face singing a ballad. :p I hate to admit it, but I actually like this song, not so much the makeup though.

Yep, still not going to listen to it.

I used to have a roommate, also named Beth, who absolutely loved that song, and I managed to live with her for two years and not hear it.

1. Usually the most interesting songs on an album are not released as singles.
2. Usually (i.e. allowing exceptions) the most interesting albums have no singles released from them.