Hogwood Farm

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Did anyone see the documentary about Hogwood Farm a while ago? The great news is that it has had it's licence stopped, Red Tractor are investigating and Tesco no longer buy their pork from them. So they are in trouble. This was brought about by undercover filming and campaigning by Viva - Vegetarian International Voice for Animals. This is a massive victory for farmed animal welfare, now they are trying to rescue the pigs by involving the RSPCA and other agencies. https://www.viva.org.uk/faceoff
They really are amazing and brave.

The facts on that website genuinely just made me cry. Literally, sat at my desk, tears rolling down my face. How can people be okay with this. :(

Reactions: Emma JC
My top three greatest whoppers of all time:

In a 1954 advert entitled “A Frank Statement to Cigarette Smokers” tobacco chiefs jointly promised consumers that their cigarettes were safe.

In 2012 Donald Trump tweeted “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

In 2019 Brian Hobill, the owner of Hogwood Farm, said “We have better conditions than most nursing homes.”

Roger.