• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jhanc

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Citizen Mustard is doing one of their one-off dinner events in March! Seating is limited - it is a really impressive fancy date night or gift for someone who loves experiences, food, and generally being wined & dined.

Tickets are $245 each and include valet and a cocktail hour followed by a 2-hour multi-course sit down dinner with wine pairings in an exclusive LA modern home temporarily transformed into a high end luxury restaurant. Gratuity is included as well.

Everything is plant-based, the pairings are specifically sourced vegan wines, and each ticket purchase includes a donation to charity. Chef & owner Megan Marlow can generally accommodate allergies if discussed beforehand.

Tickets will go fast! This is definitely a "treat yo'self" splurge - if you can swing it, it's well worth it.

dniner.jpg

Yes, sometimes I "splurge," but splurging for me right now is taking my kid to dinner for under $25. If I had a spare $245, I'd buy tickets to one of the dinners hosted at The Gentle Barn, where the $ would at least go to the animals (and I could go pet them). =)

Is this a charity benefit? You could feed a lot of people for $245. At a certain point indulgence becomes selfish and wasteful.

No, this is not at all a charity benefit and I apologize if I misrepresented it :) - please let me know what I said that caused the confusion, I would like to learn from it.

Citizen Mustard is a pop-up restaurant somewhat like Outstanding In The Field. The cost goest towards paying the staff, renting the location, sourcing the best plant-based ingredients, valet, and other costs of running a 9 course pop-up dinner. The small business donates 5% of profits to charity and the chef is passionate about elevating vegan and plant-based food in order to show that you can do luxury without contributing to the horror show of the animal products industry.

Yes, sometimes I "splurge," but splurging for me right now is taking my kid to dinner for under $25. If I had a spare $245, I'd buy tickets to one of the dinners hosted at The Gentle Barn, where the $ would at least go to the animals (and I could go pet them). =)
That's great! :) I love The Gentle Barn.