• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jhanc

Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Citizen Mustard is doing one of their one-off dinner events in March! Seating is limited - it is a really impressive fancy date night or gift for someone who loves experiences, food, and generally being wined & dined.

Tickets are $245 each and include valet and a cocktail hour followed by a 2-hour multi-course sit down dinner with wine pairings in an exclusive LA modern home temporarily transformed into a high end luxury restaurant. Gratuity is included as well.

Everything is plant-based, the pairings are specifically sourced vegan wines, and each ticket purchase includes a donation to charity. Chef & owner Megan Marlow can generally accommodate allergies if discussed beforehand.

Tickets will go fast! This is definitely a "treat yo'self" splurge - if you can swing it, it's well worth it.

Sax

Practitioner
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Is this a charity benefit? You could feed a lot of people for $245. At a certain point indulgence becomes selfish and wasteful.

TofuRobot

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Yes, sometimes I "splurge," but splurging for me right now is taking my kid to dinner for under $25. If I had a spare $245, I'd buy tickets to one of the dinners hosted at The Gentle Barn, where the $ would at least go to the animals (and I could go pet them). =)

jhanc

Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Is this a charity benefit? You could feed a lot of people for $245. At a certain point indulgence becomes selfish and wasteful.
No, this is not at all a charity benefit and I apologize if I misrepresented it :) - please let me know what I said that caused the confusion, I would like to learn from it.

Citizen Mustard is a pop-up restaurant somewhat like Outstanding In The Field. The cost goest towards paying the staff, renting the location, sourcing the best plant-based ingredients, valet, and other costs of running a 9 course pop-up dinner. The small business donates 5% of profits to charity and the chef is passionate about elevating vegan and plant-based food in order to show that you can do luxury without contributing to the horror show of the animal products industry.

jhanc

Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Yes, sometimes I "splurge," but splurging for me right now is taking my kid to dinner for under $25. If I had a spare $245, I'd buy tickets to one of the dinners hosted at The Gentle Barn, where the $ would at least go to the animals (and I could go pet them). =)
That's great! :) I love The Gentle Barn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Replacement for high end makeup Products 5
shyvas News The Winner & Losers - UK High St UK & Eire 0
Amy SF When high-profile vegans quit veganism General 1
E US Dangerous Effects of Heart and High Blood Medications on Your Pets Animals 2
jayk Product Promote this high converting vegan product Marketplace 0
shyvas High Protein Vegan Breakfast Ideas Food & Drink 6
J High blood pressure on low salt diet Health & Body 19
P High schooler looking for research on starbucks Food & Drink 1
B Question Why do vegan D3 supplements contain such high doses? Ask Us a Question! 3
Jinendra Singh How to make delicious high protein quinoa salad Food & Drink 0
LeoLivesLike Breakfast-Healthy high protein Recipes 5
MadamSarcastra Animal Rights High Fashion Going Fur-Free Animals 0
Indian Summer Man-Machine Scientists develop high accuracy gaydar facial analysis software Science & Technology 1
bmo87 Vegan w high triglycerides and tc Health & Body 3
AeryFairy High-Protein Meals Health & Body 10
Indian Summer Animal Advocacy Fox hunting opposition at all-time high Animals 1
robert99 Being lazy is a sign of high intelligence Health & Body 2
Joe WWW RIPOFF ===> 1 Veg That Kills High BP bloodpressuresolution.com Science & Technology 0
Krish Jay High-protein vegan meals Food & Drink 7
robert99 U.S. Suicide Rate Surges to a 30-Year High Health & Body 1
Indian Summer High percentage of drunk vegetarians eat meat The Vegetarian Forum 25
C High Performance Winter Socks Products 0
T High number of Loggerhead Turtle nests Animals In The News 0
shyvas 8 Foods - High in Sodium Health & Body 0
Clueless Git High fibre diet turns starfish into black hole Lounge 7
peacefulveglady A woman is force feeding herself too high pounds General Discussion 27
FortyTwo Should the Arcade High Scores be Reset? Suggestions & Bugs 16
Amy SF High Quality Canned Cat Food Recommendations Animals 12
D Nutrition & Diet High Fructose Corn Syrup Health & Body 45
Lou News The End of Cheese as we Know it Food & Drink 15
shyvas Favourite Week End Meals/Bakes Food & Drink 7
Indian Summer The End of Democracy? General Discussion 18
Sax Beginning of the end of beef industry General 13
Hog Do most vegans stop eating animals to end cruelty? General 8
Llama Vegan split end treatments? Health & Body 5
D End of just one relation.. Support 0
Amy SF Physics Stephen Hawking’s final scientific paper predicts the end of the universe Science & Technology 0
poivron The end of plastic Environment 0
Joe WWW IMDb To Shut Down Message Boards Before the End of Feb Science & Technology 12
Indian Summer News Vegetable rationing in the UK, the end is nigh! UK & Eire 2
Indian Summer Space Sciences Planet Nibiru approaching, the end is nigh! Science & Technology 4
S End of free speech in Britain Lounge 3
shyvas Happy 'August Long Week End' - Canada Festivities & Special Occasions 0
Indian Summer The End of Politics? General Discussion 3
beancounter News The End of Etsy? General Discussion 0
Mischief News Cuba first to end mother=child AIDS transmission General Discussion 9
Connie Vegan Athletes Cycling Land’s End To John O’Groats - Friday 22nd May 2015 General 0
Indian Summer History 40 years since the end of the Vietnam war Social Sciences & Humanities 8
Blobbenstein Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not. General Discussion 6
Diana World day for the end of speciesism Animals 0