Helping others-why veganism is important

Stardust1986

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
How to help others understand why veganism is important

I saw a video pop up on YouTube one day about vegan extremist, I watched it, and thought how extreme, PC, and over sensitive they were, but one video led into the next. I soon realized this is a very big issue, that affects human health, the enviorment, and animal welfare. Its really a very important issue, and people need to be taught that animals do experience pain, and they are aware. All people have to be plant based eventually, or we're all going to die, a good enviormental point.
Some people focus on the benefit it has on human health. As a newbie asking, do you think people should focus more on health and the enviorment when advocating veganism? I've known so many people who dont care about animals, no matter what I say, but they pay close attention to the health benefits of not eating meat, when I talk about the blue zones. Not everyone cares about animals, but all living things are basically selfish, and care about how things affect themselves. Maybe, caring for animals happens early in life, empathy

Reactions: FlandersOD
They'll then suddenly claim to care about animals when they are beaten up etc. etc.;
Really these people have been incredibly succesfully manipulated into an ideology that doesn't even serve them: have bought it hook line and sinker and don't even realize that they themselves have become complete ideologues.

Reactions: Stardust1986