Having issues with my health and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong

Luc

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Everyone I'm Luc and I'm 24 years old. I've been vegan for almost two years and recently something is up and I'm wondering what could be the cause. I had these symptoms on and off but now I have it daily and it seems that it's getting worst with anxiety. It all started when I began to be worried of being sick, I have a bit of emetophobia (Fear of throwing up) and with that I slowly developed IBS which stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I get bloated with gas, cramps, burping and farting, nausea, feeling cold with chills and my hands and fingers are cold like I sticked my hands in a fridge, sometimes I wake up and my entire body is shaking for 10 mins, I get constipated, often feel fatigue and slightly dizzy.

Here is where I think I am doing wrong, I take B12 supplements but I don't eat a lot of vegetables, I do put in my food like rice and spaghetti but I don't eat a ton of veggies, it's been awhile I had salad, if I had the option of eating carrots with dips as a snack, I would go for chips or junk food, I eat a lot of fake processed food, hot dogs, fries, patties, grounded meat, Daiya Cheese, etc... I tested if my body was able to stand Soya products and it seems all good, I took breaks and it didn't reduced the symptoms, but that was like a year ago.

I don't drink a lot of water, I struggle to drink three cups a day, often don't even drink any water, I like black tea, green tea, and rarely have coffee, also have some juice. That's another thing instead of eating apples or oranges, I would go for juice instead, but there's a reason behind it, I have a couple of my teeth fillings that fell off and if I eat something that is too cold it hurts a lot, I need to forced myself to go see the dentist while I still can, I hate white coats, needles and holding my mouth open, it really sucks...

Anyways if you have any questions please ask. Thank you.

Last edited:
You should go to the doctor and see a counselor. It likely doesn't have anything to do with what you are eating. You need to get some counseling for your anxiety.

You might need to eat more fresh foods - fruits, vegetables, less processed proteins like beans, nut butters or plain tofu/tempeh...you also might want to get tested for Celiacs or Crohns disease, this sounds a lot like gluten sensitivity but I could be wrong.