Has anyone tried almondcow?

HaideeHammond

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I just found it, and I'm quite excited to stop buying plastics, but I'm afraid it might be too thin. Anyone has tried it? Anyone that can compare it to innocent almond milk?

I hadn't heard of Almond Cow till just now. I googled it and see it is an almond milk maker.
What plastics are you thinking about? the container of the almond milk?

Anyway, I'm glad you brought this up because two years ago I was poised to buy a soy milk maker. I can't remember why I didn't but now that you have reminded me - I think I will buy one soon.

I haven't re-researched it but the Soyajoy G4 is still in my wishlist. And it is still considered one of the best. I would put it over the Almond Cow for at least three reasons. It makes soy milk AND nut milks. Since the Almond Cow does not have a heating element it won't do as good a job on soy. Also since the Soyajoy has a heating element - it also makes soups. And the G4 is less expensive than the Almond Cow.

For a bonus reason: The Soyajoy has been around for years and has lots of positive reviews.

Maybe the best thing about the almond cow is that it makes almond milk pretty quickly. The Soyajoy takes like 30 minutes - and its noisy. but it is automatic. you could leave it running while you do some other chore.

Maybe the kicker for me is that I drink lots of soymilk. I hardly ever drink almond milk.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention however I couldn't justify the price (close to $1000) for a couple of reasons:

1. I use up about 1 tetra pak (recyclable) of almond milk every 10 days @ $2.50 a pop so that would take 400 paks to get my money back and that would take about 10 years
2. I wouldn't use it everytime as laziness and convenience would play out and so I would have to still buy some
3. the tetra paks are not plastic and are recyclable

Do let us know if you decide to buy one and let us know how it works.

Emma JC

Reactions: HaideeHammond
Thanks for the reply too! I was referring to the plastic my milks come in :( haven't found a way to buy them in glass and making them is a bit time consuming. I drink all sort of dairy alternatives but soy is actually my least favorite, not sure why. I will check that one out. I wish I could try them before buying, but that's not gonna happen ?

1000 usd? Auch! As far as I can see that one is more like 170 euros or so. Not cheap, but I buy A LOT of almond milk XD If I buy it, I promise to post an opinion and try to help out the next one in doubt!

Thank you for bringing it to our attention however I couldn't justify the price (close to $1000) for a couple of reasons:

1. I use up about 1 tetra pak (recyclable) of almond milk every 10 days @ $2.50 a pop so that would take 400 paks to get my money back and that would take about 10 years
2. I wouldn't use it everytime as laziness and convenience would play out and so I would have to still buy some

Emma JC

Emma JC

The Almond Cow - It's not $1000. It is under $200.

I have around 2 glasses of soy milk a day - let's call it almost 2 gallons a week. Now a 2 qt container is about $4. so that is almost $8 a week.

Now I could be wrong about this but I think a quart of soymilk made from soybeans is around $ 0.25 a quart. So about $1 a week.
for a savings of $7 a week.

The Soyajoy G4 is $140 ( there are cheaper and more expensive milk makers).

so it would pay for itself in 5 months.

I think the thing that held me back last time is that I drink soy milk not just for the protein but for the vitamins and minerals added to it. So I would either have to add those to my homemade soy milk or maybe buy more supplements. Plus adding the sugar and flavoring. but now I'm thinking that wouldn't be too hard anyway. But it would add a little to the cost of each quart.

The other thing is the convenience. Picking up soymilk at the store is no trouble at all. but if i made my own i would be making it two times a week. And to make things a little complicated - after the milk is made, you have to rinse everything pretty quick before it dries and makes a real mess.

A nice bonus is you could also make tofu with your fresh soymilk.

The Almond Cow - It's not $1000. It is under $200.

I have around 2 glasses of soy milk a day - let's call it almost 2 gallons a week. Now a 2 qt container is about $4. so that is almost $8 a week.

Now I could be wrong about this but I think a quart of soymilk made from soybeans is around $ 0.25 a quart. So about $1 a week.
for a savings of $7 a week.

The Soyajoy G4 is $140 ( there are cheaper and more expensive milk makers).

so it would pay for itself in 5 months.

I think the thing that held me back last time is that I drink soy milk not just for the protein but for the vitamins and minerals added to it. So I would either have to add those to my homemade soy milk or maybe buy more supplements. Plus adding the sugar and flavoring. but now I'm thinking that wouldn't be too hard anyway. But it would add a little to the cost of each quart.

The other thing is the convenience. Picking up soymilk at the store is no trouble at all. but if i made my own i would be making it two times a week. And to make things a little complicated - after the milk is made, you have to rinse everything pretty quick before it dries and makes a real mess.

A nice bonus is you could also make tofu with your fresh soymilk.

Tofu... That would be very cool indeed. I already have b12 supplements, and during the winter vit D (that is not because of my diet but the fact that I live in Ireland XD), the git D I buy is liquid, I imagine shouldn't be too hard to add to things if I wanted, not that it bothers me to have it like that either. I buy a lot of them, and I try to buy bulk for most things, so making it at home might be handier for me (provided the cleaning is easy). I'll research a bit more in terms of flavour. Definitely posting again if I buy it :)

Yeah, now that you brought it up and i have had to think some more on it, the vitamins and minerals shouldn't be a big deal.

but now I'm thinking of counter space. Using it two times a week means (in my mind) that it lives on the counter which is already pretty full.

My InstantPot, I can turn on and leave. And everything is fine when I come back. The soyjoy takes 30 minutes to make soymilk (not sure how long it takes to make Almond Milk. but I gather the Almond Cow does it super fast). And you can't just leave the soyjoy alone for too long. Once the 30 minutes is up you have to clean it.

Just doing a little more research. if you are mostly going to be making almond milk but wish to occasionally make soymilk, this might be the best model. It makes almond milk in 30 seconds. It's less expensive but a little smaller capacity.

Tribest Soyabella SB-130

Reactions: HaideeHammond
I hate adding things to the counter I am not sure I will use often, that is a very good point. Might be bulky for a drawer (although I have a big one with a soup maker on it that looks an awful lot like the one you were talking about ?).