Happy Norwegian Constitution Day (May 17th)...

Tom L.

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
...which I would not have known about if the radio announcer at the classical music station I was listening to this morning hadn't mentioned it...

Hope you're both having a good one, Indian Summer (and your family) and Mikkel! (Also any other Norwegians here)

Edited to add: is this the right forum to post holiday-related stuff? I thought there was a holiday subforum but didn't find it.

Last edited:
"Festivities & Special Occasions" under the Vegetarian main forum.

Happy Norway!
th

Reactions: Tom L.
Thank you, @Tom :) Thank you, @Amy SF.

We've been to London today to meet up with fellow countrymen and celebrate. 17. mai is a big day for children, which is the main reason I put up with it :p Miss Summer was ecstatic to ride on my shoulders in the parade. She also got to dress up in a traditional Norwegian folk costume, and that was also a big hit. In addition to all the unhealthy food, of course.

Jen had made potato salad and also brought vegan sausages. They don't sell lompe (potato lefse) around here, which is a potato based tortilla-like bread. So we brought tortillas ... which is not the same! But what can you do!? :)

Thanks!

Nice day here. I don't celebraite the day proper because of the dogs. Usually I spend the whole day in the forrest, tracking and hiking. But next year we'll do that!

I can send you lomper next year IS!

I had pulled Oumph! with potatoes, coleslaw and Something that should have been a sauce, but became a bit thick.

A little late, but hope you both enjoyed the day!

Thanks, Amy! I thought it would have been a non-directly-related-to-vegetarianism topic so that's why I didn't look in the Vegetarian forum, but I see that's where I should have put it.

Indian Summer, a potato-based bread sounds like something I'd love. Actually, I used to add mashed potatoes to my own homemade bread sometimes, and when I toasted it, it smelled like Deep-Fried potatoes.

Reactions: ledboots