Happy Easter!!

TofuRobot

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am not religious, but I had a fairly religious upbringing - always went to church on Easter Sunday and Xmas (and lots of other sundays -- I sang in the choir, and played as an accompanist, etc etc)... AND, in a parallel universe, I think of myself as an artist, as I grew up studying music, and fine art - I even majored in art for a while, and worked as a graphic designer for 10 years)... And these 2 things used to come together in that one of the things I used to love to do on Easter was color eggs. For obvious reasons I will not be doing that today - or ever again. There is a part of me, though, that kind of misses it. One thing I had wanted to try was coloring eggs with foods like cabbage, beets, and kale... There is something about the way the vegetable dye the eggs that's so pretty. ....I have not found a substitution for that hobby and I will forever leave the eggs out of my life as they belong with the chickens. Did anyone used to do this... And if so, have you found something else to do in it's place? Just curious.

Anyway, religious or not, I can still appreciate the message of rebirth and a sense of hope that I think is the overall message, so I leave those sentiments here. Becoming vegan to me has completely "re-birthed" how I view the world around me, and it gives me hope to come here and share that view with people who I feel are on the same path.

So... Whether you celebrate the holiday or not, Happy Easter! May you enjoy the day wherever you are --- maybe there's a vegan chocolate bunny somewhere to be found. ;) :heart:

We color plastic or wood eggs. Last year was wooden eggs and we painted them. This year I got two different packages of plastic eggs. One we colored with markers and the other with dye that came with them.

Reactions: betiPT
Cast plaster in egg shaped molds?
Nice idea! ... The real fact is I don't have the time or energy - I just have the fond memories of my mom & I doing that together (she passed in 2000). We didn't get along very well, but I remember the times when we were doing stuff like that and it was fun. ... :)

This year I bought 0 choc eggs and did not paint any either. Instead we decorated candles with the kids, as they use the candles in church. It was great :)