Hanger Question

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I have a bunch of coats and jackets lying around the house from wintertime. They need to be hung up and put in closets. So I buy a bunch of heavy-duty plastic tubular hangers in a thrift store.

The hangers had a cardboard "wrapper" around the center of the "hook" section, obscuring what might be beneath the hook. When I got them home and took the package apart, I saw they had a sort of inverted (?) "c" underneath the hook. My question is: what is this "c" thingie for?

I can imagine that if you wear a jacket with a particular scarf and want to keep things together, you can put the scarf through the "c" and then hang the jacket on the hanger. But this is just a wild guess on my part.

Anyone have an idea what the "c" thingie is for?

hanger.jpg

Reactions: Second Summer
My guess is it's for hanging a belt, a tie or a sash that goes with the garment or outfit.

Shrewd guesses. Make sense. I am just wondering why I have not seen anything like this before.

Not sure about that in particular, but sometimes you'll see a hanger with two smaller c-shaped hooks in it. These hangers are useful for hanging dresses with thin straps.

I sent this inquiry to a friend of mine, and her response was:

I use that hook to attach a hanger holding a skirt or trousers to a ha[n]ger holding the jacket. Or maybe a belt.
cleardot.gif