Go-to Snacks! What do you make?

Qwaychou

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I love the "What did you eat for...?" Threads!
Could we start a snacking one?
My current fave snacks are plain sliced fruit, pretzels, and toast with hummus and everything bagel seasoning!

Reactions: Emma JC
My #1 go-to snack is an apple or a banana.
trail mix is also good.
sometimes in the afternoon, I'll have milk and cookies.
sometimes in the evening, I'll have ice cream.

I used to eat a lot of salty snacks but I'm trying to avoid those, now.

Sometimes I think my entire meal plan revolves around snacks....
My most recent snack was a bowl of frozen cherries, warmed in the microwave, mixed almonds, soy milk, and a few pieces of frozen banana. And a bite of chocolate =)

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
When I am on campus I eat a lot of fruit n nut granola bars, bananas, apples, or mini bags of salted nuts because they're cheap (or free at the student pantry) and easy to carry around.

When I have more money I'll buy tubs of hummus, guacamole or tofu spread and and eat with chips, crackers or bread. I actually consider this a real treat, because I'll get Hope flavored hummus (mostly Kale Pesto or Buffalo Bleu), mock tofu "egg salad," or guac with either a fresh local bread or real Mexican tortilla chips. Occasionally this is my lunch, with a piece of fruit.

When I crave chocolate I'll get a big fancy candy bar like Endangered Species.

At home I might make more complicated things, like smoothies in the summer, or toasted bread with various toppings in cooler weather.

My favorite things to keep on hand are these balls/squares-never actually measure, just go by texture-
About 1/3 cup date paste
1/2 cup nut butter
2 -3 Tbls ground flax
3 Tbls cocoa/cacoa powder
1/3 cup hemp seeds
1/3-1/2 cup ground oats, enough to bring everything together and can be rolled
Best bet is let this mix rest in fridge before rolling between wax paper, like half inch, and cut in squares. I'll sprinkles more ground oats on top and put the whole thing in a sealed container, shaking so the oats coat and they don't stick.