Game:post an ingredient/food that will go with the last food.

Is Just Egg any good

yes, I like the patties almost more than the liquid as it stays good longer as it is in the freezer

the liquid is good for baking or omelettes

Just egg patty grilled with cheese, put on an English muffin with a slice of tomato.

an English muffin with a slice of tomato and tempeh bacon

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Blues
Although I think this game is too easy ( I still prefer the other varian) but it IS fun.
also next time someone says its hard to come up with vegan stuff - you can point them to this thread has hundreds of ideas.
However is there such a thing as a vegan croissant? I've never seen one. Has anyone eaten one?
Three Girls Vegan Creamery in Connecticut makes them. I have yet to try it though. It’s on my bucket list. 😁 I had to take a break from ordering from them because, calories and money.

thick slices of bread, sprinkled with dried Italian herb mix with a huge bowl of minestrone soup

Emma JC
Question… When you add soy curls to your noodly soup, do you rehydrate them first? And if you do rehydrate them, do you use plain water or a seasoned broth?

Question… When you add soy curls to your noodly soup, do you rehydrate them first? And if you do rehydrate them, do you use plain water or a seasoned broth?

no I don't rehydrate first as the soup does that... order of insertion:
water, miso & gochujang (so they will dissolve), froz brussel sprouts, any other froz veggies, garlic granules, soy curls, any fresh veggies (mushroom/green onion) and then once all that is boiling I add in the noodles and let it all sit and simmer/boil for 6-10 minutes and then dress it up some more once it is in the bowl

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
no I don't rehydrate first as the soup does that... order of insertion:
water, miso & gochujang (so they will dissolve), froz brussel sprouts, any other froz veggies, garlic granules, soy curls, any fresh veggies (mushroom/green onion) and then once all that is boiling I add in the noodles and let it all sit and simmer/boil for 6-10 minutes and then dress it up some more once it is in the bowl

Emma JC
Thanks…That makes sense. Just checking! 😊

Reactions: Emma JC
A huge bowl of minestrone soup with an amount of instant rice equal to the amount of liquid mixed in just before it's done. (When the rice absorbs the liquid, it should make a sort of risotto- although purists or gourmets might frown at such a fast-food-style take on it).

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
A huge bowl of minestrone soup with an amount of instant rice equal to the amount of liquid mixed in just before it's done. (When the rice absorbs the liquid, it should make a sort of risotto- although purists or gourmets might frown at such a fast-food-style take on it).
Instant rice mixed with canned veg chili (Dennison make Hormel make good ones).

Actually, I suppose my recipe above is more of a pilaf than risotto, since (I think) the latter is made with a special rice that turns sort of creamy when cooked.

Back on topic: guacamole on lightly-toasted Italian bread. (I'm trying to be more imaginative, but I don't know...)

I've got it: guac on toasted Italian bread, sprinkled with lemon or lime juice (just a little- don't go overboard)

Reactions: David3