Animal Advocacy Fox hunting opposition at all-time high

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Despite the public objection, Theresa May is reportedly planning to push ahead with a vote on repealing the Hunting Act in Parliament
[...]
A full 84 per cent of the public now believe fox hunting should not be made legal again, as enthusiasts take to horseback for traditional Boxing Day hunts, where hounds follow a scent rather than a fox.

Campaigners claim that illegal fox hunting continues.
More: Fox hunting opposition hits all-time high, latest poll finds (25. December 2016)

I find it somewhat surprising that May is still pushing for this, given the popularity of the ban. She must be quite a hard-line conservative.

Theresa May actually gave a speech at the conservative party conference that talked about retaining the centre ground and the speech's view points probably accurately reflect the mainstream of British people. However, the speech and the attempt to reclaim the centre ground that they lost to Labour around the turn of the century may be a matter of political expediency.

She seems to have green lighted the Heathrow runway which Cameron did not do for a long time which to me shows she isn't serious about climate change in any meaningful way. And her speech from before indicated a hard Brexit causing British pound to fall.

She worked in a job related to immigration at a time when her party was trying to reduce it, or talking about that anyway.

So, there are some indications of right wing leanings for sure.

I am a bit skeptical so far.

I liked Cameron better, he seemed to be more centre than others in his party and seemed to pull his party in that way.