Announcement Floating elements (images, attached images, media, etc) in posts

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
[FLOAT_LEFT]usagi-4.png[/FLOAT_LEFT]I've added two new BBCodes, float_left and float_right. The post editor has icons for it, just to the left of the diskette icon.[FLOAT_RIGHT]usagi-5.png[/FLOAT_RIGHT]So as you can see, it's now possible to write posts with images "floating" inside them. Or is it the the text that is floating around the images? Oh well, a matter of perspective I guess. In any case, as you can see here, the text floats around the images of Usagi Yojimbo in this breathtaking Commodore 64 action game from Beam Software titled Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo from 1987. I remember I managed to get my hands on a copy of this game only after negotiations that resulted in a deal where we traded it for the combined Saturday snacks of myself and my cousin. I was fuming with rage at such a steep price for just a copy, but in the end we had a really good time playing this game. Oh, those were the days!

[FLOAT_LEFT]usagi-6.png[/FLOAT_LEFT]I guess I can add that the copy we had was on cassette. It was nerve-wrecking every time we tried to load it, as it was a copy, and it didn't load properly every time. Later I got a disk drive, and I managed to copy the game to disk.After playing the game about a million times, I managed to get to the end and "win". Usagi is trying to rescue some "dame in distress" who has been kidnapped by some bad-guys. The game ends as Usagi walks into the sunset. I think. It's been a couple of decades since I played it. Usagi Yojimbo is actually a comic, created by Japanese American Stan Sakai. I only read the comic several years later. It's a great comic, though, wish I had found it sooner.

[FLOAT_RIGHT]usagi-8.png[/FLOAT_RIGHT]Additionally, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Last edited: