Fitness Foods-Whole Foods Or Gluten Free

J5670

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I'm doing intermittent fasting for fat loss. I'm looking to make 2, 1000 calorie balanced meals.

I mainly need tastier recipes because I haven't learned cooking yet. Below is a list of foods that almost completely fill the nutrient profiles on cronometer.com

Do you guys have any recipes/ways of cooking to share that are tasty and improve digestion?

foods.JPG

I must admit to you that I do not advocate fasting for fat loss or for any other reason. In my opinion, fasting eventually leads to increased fat stores, because the body naturally responds to food deprivation by deciding it needs to store even more fat in case it is deprived of food again. Fasting also harms your pancreas. Truly, I would discourage you from abusing your body in that way. Fat is there for a reason. I try to leave it be, and concentrate instead on just avoiding overeating, because that is when I can add more fat, especially to my poor liver.

I am not much of a cook either. Looking at your list of foods, I believe that I would thoroughly enjoy eating those vegetables just as they are. I love to sit by myself with a good book while I eat an concentrate on nothing but crunching away on those delicious fresh vegetables!

4 meals of 500 calories would be easier on your system. When I am combining foods, I try to make the ones I don't like more inviting by combining them with my favorites. Could you do the same for yourself? You don't really have to cook, just take a bite of the one you don't love so much and cover it up by taking a bite of your favorite to chew at the same time. And save a bit of one of the favorites to enjoy as the very last bite, by itself.

I would grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder if one is available, in several batches of one or two tablespoons, and mix the powder with water or any other available liquid to make a pudding of sorts. You could even coat your eggplant with the chia seed powder. Or mix some into the sweet potato. I have even eaten sweet potatoes raw. You could slice it and dip the slices in the chia seed powder. Not pretty but if you are hungry everything tastes good!

1 oz of kelp is actually a lot. Will you start with dry and rehydrate it? I have eaten cut wakame rehydrated and raw but I have always cooked kelp after rehydrating. I think the kelp would taste good with the sweet potato and spinach, and maybe the hemp seeds

I think the peas, mushrooms and eggplant could complement each other nicely. I would cook the mushrooms or marinate them in a little vinegar and oil. Mushrooms are super super good for you. Great choice!

I'm doing intermittent fasting for fat loss. I'm looking to make 2, 1000 calorie balanced meals.

I mainly need tastier recipes because I haven't learned cooking yet. Below is a list of foods that almost completely fill the nutrient profiles on cronometer.com

Do you guys have any recipes/ways of cooking to share that are tasty and improve digestion?
I would spread a cup of chia seeds out over a week or more. A little bit goes a long way.

Thats a good list of food that you made but I think maybe a better way to work things is to cook the things you like to eat and then plug it into Cronometer. Then address the things you need.

There are some cookbooks and chefs that are vegan that should provide you with a lot of guidance.

Maybe start off by visiting your library and see if they have any vegan cookbooks that appeal to you.

there are also sites that have lots of recipes. You might just google "Easy Vegan Recipes".

When I first got started I would set up my computer on top of the microwave and cook along side a YouTuber.

I would make something with The Cheap Lazy Vegan or Sarah, from Sarah's Vegan Kitchen.

Now I like Nisha from Vegan Plant Life and the gal from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken.

We also have lots of recipes and suggestions here at the VF.

It would be way easier to download the Daily Dozen app from Dr Greger on your phone and check off the servings. Follow the list and you'll get a days nutrition. 1200 to 1400 calories as written, so eat more

@bEt --they mentioned "intermittant fasting" meaning eating within a window of time each day, like from 9 to 5 eating, then no eating between 5pm to 9 am. That's just an example, lengths and time can differ, but more time of no eating

Reactions: Lou
777 calories worth of chia seeds? that is going to lead to a lack a satiety and possibly an unwillingness to continue in a healthy way - I just plugged my noodley veggie soy curl soup into Cronometer and it comes to around 450 calories and I can tell you that it is way more fun to eat than a cup of chia seeds would be... IMO

soups are a great way to cook lots of amazing foods and you don't need to be an expert or have any tools other than a knife and a pot - put in some lentils and some potatoes and an assortment of vegetables that you like - flavour it with spices that you like etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
I could eat that 🍠 :starshower:

There used to be a place across the street from me that made sweet potato fries. I loved them. I wonder if I could make them in my new Air Fryer. But I doubt I could eat 1.5 pounds of them. :)

Reactions: Emma JC