Nutrition & Diet February Health Challenge

Well, February is on its last legs, so I thought I would check in progress-wise. I did not lose any weight this month, but when I look I back, I consider it a victory. :D I had a couple of big celebrations (weddings), so lots of extra calories were consumed. That said, I didn't gain, I think, because I was pretty good with exercise. I have always had trouble keeping weight off after I lose it, and I think this is the longest I've gone in maintaining (since late November, I think). My mindset really has changed for the better. I have stopped rewarding myself with food and looking at the way I eat as a "diet" with some sort of "end" in sight. It's how I need to eat to stay healthy. This is a big victory in my eyes. I will continue to strive to dump those last few pounds, though, being such a goal-oriented girl. :D On to March.

Hope everyone had a fab Feb.
Sounds like you've turned a corner! :) I decided to lose my "baby weight" when my youngest was eight....years old...and I've maintained ever since. I lost *60* pounds over a year, gained back ten , and have stayed about the same (normal bmi) for over ten years while eating everything I want. Just not huge plates of it. :D

Sounds like you've turned a corner! :) I decided to lose my "baby weight" when my youngest was eight....years old...and I've maintained ever since. I lost *60* pounds over a year, gained back ten , and have stayed about the same (normal bmi) for over ten years while eating everything I want. Just not huge plates of it. :D
Wow, that is awesome, ledboots. You turned the corner much faster than I, hehe. Portion control and eating slowly have also been biggies for me. I have pretty much cut out mindless snacking because my meals are so filling now. When I eat slowly (say half an hour to actually eat my dinner, and not 10 minutes), I fill up so much faster. For a while, I was having to pack away my plate after dinner because I was getting too full. Now I have figured out mostly how much food I need to be satisfied.

Reactions: ledboots
Wow, that is awesome, ledboots. You turned the corner much faster than I, hehe. Portion control and eating slowly have also been biggies for me. I have pretty much cut out mindless snacking because my meals are so filling now. When I eat slowly (say half an hour to actually eat my dinner, and not 10 minutes), I fill up so much faster. For a while, I was having to pack away my plate after dinner because I was getting too full. Now I have figured out mostly how much food I need to be satisfied.
I was never hungry or anything, I just ate more reasonable amounts. :) I gave up coca cola, which I think helped more than anything. And the yoga, I started that around the same time.

I was never hungry or anything, I just ate more reasonable amounts. :) I gave up coca cola, which I think helped more than anything. And the yoga, I started that around the same time.
I ditched diet soda over a year ago. It was tough, but now I don't even crave it. I was so hooked on that wretched stuff.

Reactions: ledboots