Favorite Vegan Junk Food?

pixiebones

Newcomer
Reaction score
This is not health related at all obviously lol, but I was wondering what are some of your favorite vegan junk foods or things you eat when you get cravings?:) Also if anyone has good recipes for vegan shakes and pastries that would be great:)

I love those Doritos but you can't eat too many of them, set your mouth on fire :) Great thread, as I was just wondering if vegans only snack on carrot sticks and stuff :D

• Haha
Reactions: Damo
I rather like popcorn which seems healthier or marmite rice cakes or nuts. I do like my marmite so I think it's healthy. Of course there are Pringles and Kettle Chips which are always at parties.

Ooh theres quite alot actually! :p Oreos are a big favourite, most Chocolate Bourbon biscuits are suitable, lots of crisps are suitable by Walkers and other smaller crisp companies, I'm in the UK and a shopping chain called Waitrose do Belgian buns that are vegan, and Coop (another UK chain) do custard donuts that are vegan! Its a case of looking around, even at things you don't think will be like donuts or chocolate cookies, you sometimes get lucky and they are vegan which is always exciting! :p So yes even vegans get a chance to indulge now and again :D

Reactions: Daya
Honestly since going vegan my taste-buds have changed and are more geared towards whole foods - I want those much more often.

When I do get more 'junky cravings' it's usually for things like hash browns for breakfast, when I want to kick off with cooked carbohydrates, or tomato & olive ciabatta. I also crave things like fresh coconut water (out of the coconut!), homemade Japanese veg curries, homemade lemonade with ginger. I'm having a lot of vegan coleslaw at the moment too.

I used to be addicted to chocolate, but these days I actually prefer to avoid things like that and have more wholesome foods. I can fill up a huge salad bowl twice over and gobble it with a huge smile on my face. I like to throw in some cooked chickpeas and dressing. It feels so good.

What I will say is that eating cooked foods makes me more tired, and anecdotally it seems to be similar with other vegans who eat more 'raw' foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharla86
Tons!

Hobnobs, tortilla chips, pizza, vegan chocolate, Nakd products, Pringles, Jammy Dodgers, popcorn, chips, McDonald's Spicy Vegetable burger (without the cool mayo), Almond Breeze 'icecream', smoothies, sorbet...I'm a bit of a junkfood vegan...jegan??

I've had great fun going through the supermarket finding what I can eat as much as what I can't eat.

I also got a load of vegan-friendly recipes off the internet and they are amazing.

I probably should cut it out, but I like to think of this as part of my transitioning period.

At the moment I've totally given up on all obvious animal-based products, cleaned out my wardrobe and going through my stockpile of old cosmetics.

I rarely miss any of it, except for Nutella (but even then I made my own version out of roasted hazlenuts, muscavado sugar, maple syrup and vegan cocoa powder).

Oh and marzipan, gotta have my marizpan!

Last edited:
Before going vegan my all-time, always go-to favourite thing was ice-cream (obviously there are vegan ones, but haven't found any where I live), so now it's mostly chips, oreos or vegan gummies.