Music Exciting Music News!

beanstew

Certified horsemeat free.
Reaction score
Thread for new album news, tour announcements and so on.

To get things started we have exciting news:

Bat For Lashes - The Haunted Man
IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE THE LAST BAT FOR LASHES ALBUM, BUT WE CAN FINALLY REVEAL THE NEW ALBUM, 'THE HAUNTED MAN', WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 15TH.

FOLLOWING A SUMMER OF LIVE FESTIVAL SHOWS AND TO COINCIDE WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ALBUM, A FULL UK TOUR HAS ALSO BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR THE AUTUMN.
TICKETS FOR 'THE HAUNTED MAN' TOUR GO ON SALE THIS COMING FRIDAY 15TH JUNE AT 9AM.
2012 LIVE tour

18 October - Inverness, Ironworks
19 October - Edinburgh, Picture House
21 October - Glasgow, O2 ABC
22 October - Manchester, Cathedral
25 October - Leeds, Metropolitan University
26 October - Norwich, University of East Anglia
28 October - Leicester, O2 Academy
29 October - London, HMV Forum
1 November - Birmingham, HMV Institute
2 November - Bristol,Anson Rooms
3 November - Portsmouth,Pyramids
4 November - Brighton, Dome Concert Hall

YAY! :D

Ummmm... the Rolling Stones are touring?....

I've got to check out a contemporary radio station sometime soon. I haven't heard of ANY of the artists mentioned above!! :???:

Too old to rock 'n' roll.... too young to die...

Kate Bush to play 15 London dates
Kate Bush has announced she is to play a series of concert dates in the UK later this year.

An announcement on her official website said she will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September.

The title for the show is Before the Dawn and the first date will be 26 August.

Oh my.

Chance of getting tickets? Low!

After a long absence from playing live - I will be doing a few songs this Friday at the local coffee shop. I don't know whether it constitutes as 'exciting music news' or not - but it's music news nonetheless.

If you're there and yell out VV power, I'll buy you a drink. This is a German coffee shop - they have beer and wine too.

After a long absence from playing live - I will be doing a few songs this Friday at the local coffee shop. I don't know whether it constitutes as 'exciting music news' or not - but it's music news nonetheless.

If you're there and yell out VV power, I'll buy you a drink. This is a German coffee shop - they have beer and wine too.
Holy crap, that's awesome, Dedalus!!!!

Reactions: Dedalus
Holy crap, that's awesome, Dedalus!!!!

Thanks PT! That was a lot of fun. What a great audience too - in an awesome, intimate setting. I'm used to playing in subways, bars, clubs etc - where people are interested in the music, but usually there are the typical distractions that go with those places. This audience was quiet, polite and were in rapt attention throughout. In many ways it was a lot more intimidating because of that. The small crowd was hanging on every word - every note. People even asked me specifics about the lyrics afterwords - so I knew they were listening closely. Very cool. I'll be doing this again, no doubt. It was good to get out there and give the songs new life.
icon_guitarist.gif

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
Thanks PT! That was a lot of fun. What a great audience too - in an awesome, intimate setting. I'm used to playing in subways, bars, clubs etc - where people are interested in the music, but usually there are the typical distractions that go with those places. This audience was quiet, polite and were in rapt attention throughout. In many ways it was a lot more intimidating because of that. The small crowd was hanging on every word - every note. People even asked me specifics about the lyrics afterwords - so I knew they were listening closely. Very cool. I'll be doing this again, no doubt. It was good to get out there and give the songs new life.
icon_guitarist.gif
That is so great! I'm glad it went well. :)