EU EU parliament to vote on banning the term 'veggie burger'

The King James bible has this translation:
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which isupon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
With Christians infiltrating into every aspect of American life now, what's their excuse :im:

Reactions: Second Summer
The idea has spread to the USA, but as is tradition in that country, is being challenged in the courts:
What Gets To Be A 'Burger'? States Restrict Labels On Plant-Based Meat (NPR, includes transcript, 23. July 2019)

i don't think it's "spread" to the U.S. Laws limiting the labelling of vegetarian products have been enacted in various states for years now, and before that, the meat and dairy industries routinely challenged the labelling of vegetarian products through the FDA and other administrative agencies.

If anything, the European meat and dairy industries took their cue from their American counterparts.

One more reason that I'm glad that I voted Leave, if it wasn't obvious already. But seriously, this is just a symptom of one of many things that is wrong with the EU. I presume that this law applies to every language that is recognised in the EU, but will it apply to those from other jurisdictions?
As a Brexiteer and, one assumes, as someone interested in animal protection, I hope that you're active in trying to ensure that the conditions for animals in the U.K. doesn't worsen as a result of Brexit. (The general consensus among people who devote themselves to animal protection seems to be that it will.)