Enid Blyton Exhibition

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I was about to mention this on the Nostalgia thread.:) I loved the Malory Towers books. I think I read most of her books.

I was about to mention this on the Nostalgia thread.:) I loved the Malory Towers books. I think I read most of her books.

'Great Minds (or mushy ones) think Alike'!!! I also used to get all her books at the local library and read for hours whilst eating sweeties.:confused:

I was a bit of a day dreamer when I was a tiny tot and I enjoyed reading the adventures of The Famous Five and
all their magical experiences in Five on a Tresure Island.

http://www.enidblyton.net/famous-five/five-on-a-treasure-island.html

Seven Stories is a wonderful museum--the only one in the country to be solely about children's literature. We'd *love to get up there...but it is just so far. We saw a Puffin retrospective there a few years back..lovely.

I too am an Enid Blyton fan--we often use the pharse "and lashings of ginger beer!" whenever se see some in a shop. But to be fair--i never read any famous 5 until we moved to the UK. watching the Comic Strip Presnts show 5 go mad in Dorset--made no sense to us 20 years ago as we didn't get the reference!