Eating out in sheffield

Punkmorg

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sheffield has always been good for eating out for vegans, with the blue moon vege- vegan cafe, plus a few of the pubs in the city doing vegan options, but now there is a 100% vegan place with the not too great name burger lolz
430 Abbeydale Rd, Sheffield S7 1FQ
Also next door is steel city cakes which is a vegan cake shop.
If you are ever in Sheffield look them up.
Sadly they are not city centre but aren't far away by bus or if you are driving.
It isn't too far to walk from the railway and bus station either for the fitter ones among us.

Attachments

• IMG_20170910_134348869.jpg
    IMG_20170910_134348869.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20170910_134338515.jpg
    IMG_20170910_134338515.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Sounds like a great recommendation. I won't be passing through Sheffield again anytime soon, but fortunately, I have a 100% vegan food/microbrewery about 40 miles/64 kilometers from home. The micro-brews are outstanding and the entire menu is vegan and you just have to love the name. Pig Minds Brewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great.
There was also a 100% raw vegan cafe in Sheffield
But it looks like that is now closed?
I don't visit Sheffield often, but love eating out at the rockers grill in the vintage rock bar in my home town of Doncaster
Half the menu is meat based, half is vegan.
Obviously I would rather give my trade to a 100% vegan eatery,but that option is not always available

Sheffield was my University city but I ate meat then, I would not have known if there were any vegan places in those days.

We have few option in my area as well. Sometimes it helps to make the request of a vegan option because businesses hate to see potential customers walk out the door. If the restaurant owner scoffs at you, simply say, "Your loss", turn tail and walk out.
The funny thing about Americans is that they are known to drive 80 miles or 128 kilometers just to eat at a crappy fast food place. o_O