Health Issues E-cigs and Vaporizer Questions

LuvOurMother

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
What do you know about e-cigs and vaporizers?
Any success with quitting smoking and nicotine addiction?
How safe is the vapor? Second hand smoke issues?

My partner has been a heavy smoker for over 10 years and for the past 3 weeks has only smoked 1 cig bc he has been using a vape instead.

I luv that he stopped the cigs and his confidence in quitting is higher than it has ever been before. I know that the nicotine in the vape is incredibly less harmful than tobacco and he is making a better choice. But he is still addicted to nicotine. AND him and his friend that introduced him to it pretty much vape constantly and the panic sets in when the batteries need to recharge or they need more juice.

I personally don't like the smells of the flavored vape stuff, very fakey and unnatural scents. And I have concern about the other agents mixed with the nicotine in the juices.

What do you know about e-cigs and vaporizers?
Any success with quitting smoking and nicotine addiction?
How safe is the vapor? Second hand smoke issues?

My partner has been a heavy smoker for over 10 years and for the past 3 weeks has only smoked 1 cig bc he has been using a vape instead.

I luv that he stopped the cigs and his confidence in quitting is higher than it has ever been before. I know that the nicotine in the vape is incredibly less harmful than tobacco and he is making a better choice. But he is still addicted to nicotine. AND him and his friend that introduced him to it pretty much vape constantly and the panic sets in when the batteries need to recharge or they need more juice.

I personally don't like the smells of the flavored vape stuff, very fakey and unnatural scents. And I have concern about the other agents mixed with the nicotine in the juices.
My daughter tried one, but the nicotine juice made her sick to her stomach.

My daughter tried one, but the nicotine juice made her sick to her stomach.

Is she already a cigarette smoker?

There are levels of nicotine in the juices, my partner was a heavy smoker that preferred unfiltered pure tobacco cigs so he started at the highest level of nicotine, his friend started at a lower level.

Yes she is a smoker. She got the strength juice that matched her smoking habits, but even a little of it made her stomach upset. Same with the nicotine gums, so it might just be that she is sensitive to it.

One of my coworkers quit smoking with the help of an e-cig.

He was at a point where he wanted to quit, though, and the e-cig was a tool to help him.

My Dad used to smoke 40 a day, for around 45 years! he had tried EVERYTHING to give up to no avail, and tried e-cigarettes in April. Hasnt smoked since. He's on the strongest nicotine strength you can get, but I'd rather him do that than smoke real cigarettes anyway. They do the nicotine in different strengths, so his eventual plan is to slowly wean off it until its 0 nicotine.

They're a lot cheaper than smoking as well, he's saved over £1000 - and thats even with his crazy buying (must own about 10 brands of ecig and about 20 flavours!). He always has like a million batteries so never needs to worry about them running out. I'm all for it :D

Alsoo there's no second hand smoke as its water vapour.

I have seen things that say it's almost as bad as cigarettes as it has formaldehyde and other chemicals. They may help people who are determined to quit smoking, but not those on the fence. I know a few people who now smoke more, because they are supposedly safe, and some bars and even offices allow them to be used inside. My daughter has friends who were going to quit, but not now that they can smoke 'safe' e-cigs, and she had quit quite a while ago, but has started using these.

Reactions: thefadedone
It is definitely much safer and better health wise than tobacco. There is not formaldehyde in juices sold in the US at least. And so far there are no peer reviewed studies about them.