News Dr. Gregar gets some publicity from Today.

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
From the article, I couldn't tell if Dr. Gregar was on the Today show recently. The article does quote him. but I'm not sure if that means he was on the show. I did a little googling and he was on the Today show last year.

Anyway good stuff. Score one for Plant-Based.

I did learn something from the article. I have always assumed that negative calorie food was food that required more calories to chew up and digest than they contained. Like celery*. but it turns out that if you eat a 50 calorie apple and it keeps you from eating 200 calories of food - that is a negative calorie food.

* or a coconut. First, you have to climb the tree. then chop off the husk and then drill or hammer holes into it to drain the milk and then chop or hammer it some more to break open the shell. That is what I consider real negative calorie food.

From the article, I couldn't tell if Dr. Gregar was on the Today show recently. The article does quote him. but I'm not sure if that means he was on the show. I did a little googling and he was on the Today show last year.

Anyway good stuff. Score one for Plant-Based.

I did learn something from the article. I have always assumed that negative calorie food was food that required more calories to chew up and digest than they contained. Like celery*. but it turns out that if you eat a 50 calorie apple and it keeps you from eating 200 calories of food - that is a negative calorie food.

* or a coconut. First, you have to climb the tree. then chop off the husk and then drill or hammer holes into it to drain the milk and then chop or hammer it some more to break open the shell. That is what I consider real negative calorie food.
How Not to Diet is an amazing book! He goes into soooo much detail of the research, but also delivers real life ways to tweak your diet, both in food, timing, exercise-- everything- to become it's best. I've been listening to the audio, as well as thumbing through the book. I reserved both from the library long ago- first in line even!
I will be buying the book. Not ready to jump in quite yet...