Does Veganism Reduce The Risk of Obesity?

alfred

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello mate

How has your day been? My name is Alfred. I am currently conducting a study on veganism and obesity, and I would be delighted if you could participate. Keep in mind that your input is extremely valuable. Together, we can change the world positively.

Please complete the survey by clicking HERE

A little gift from partners awaits you at the end of the survey

Note: This survey is only open to residents of (the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia)

No.

Whole food plant diets reduces the risk of obesity ( not simply being fat ).

There is a lot of vegan junk food and other high calorie vegan foods that make it easy to put on fat, in addition to any given person's bad eating habits.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
There are a lot of vegan junk foods like vegan ice cream and vegan cupcakes that will make an obesity problem worse.

There are also people who lose tremendous amounts of weight following a whole food vegan diet (sometimes called "whole food plant-based").

Vegan protein sources like beans, rice, and vegetables are much lower in fat and calories than protein sources from animals like beef. These lower calorie vegan diets can help you lose a lot of weight.

Reactions: tlc1976 and Lou
Can anyone confirm this is a safe link? It's a first post and reads a bit like a spam email. No offense intended to the OP - just making sure.

• Agree
Reactions: vegan89
I’m not clicking the link either.

My experience only. I was at 150 lbs with a 31-32 waist. I cut out most sugar initially to help save my teeth. Also started eating ginger and turmeric for my stomach instead of sucking on mints. I ended up losing 15 lbs.

Then stopped eating meat, bread, and dairy and switched to as many plant based things as I could find. Initially to see if it would help my lifelong bowel problems. It has definitely made a difference, and I also lost another 10 lbs.

Now I’m just 5 lbs more than I was in high school and can wear the same 29 waist jeans. I’m going to continue with the Whole Foods plant based diet.