Does this count as an animal?

FortyTwo

Custom Title
Reaction score
Woah, is right.
I'm still reading the article but still trying to wrap my head around the title of it. haha

I wonder what would happen if you made a jellyfish self aware. Can jellyfish even see? Maybe it would just very quietly go insane...

I could imagine a really good short story based on this concept, from the point of view of the jellyfish.

Now that I think of it, there are probably a few versions of something like this out there. Sort of like Sirius, but with fewer other characters...

I don't know why in hell they can't use human heart tissue if they want to make things that will improve human health. It's not like they have to kill people to get it, or like they don't have access to tens of thousands of human hearts every year when people have to have open heart surgery.

I don't know why in hell they can't use human heart tissue if they want to make things that will improve human health. It's not like they have to kill people to get it, or like they don't have access to tens of thousands of human hearts every year when people have to have open heart surgery.

If it is indeed true that people don't have to be killed to get it, and I was going in for heart surgery, I'd be happy to donate some of my heart tissue to something as weird as this.

Even if it was necessarily lethal, I doubt it would be hard to obtain. Presumably they had some reason for choosing it though (perhaps legal).

Exactly.

Dr-Walter-Bishop-in-1x02-The-Same-Old-Story-walter-bishop-20451926-1360-768.jpg

Somebody agrees with all the human testing talk.

Because using human tissue is UNETHICAL, silly! Just like using human stem cells.

:rolleyes: