Does Anyone Still Watch Non-Vegan Cooking shows?

Jaydoesitgood

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Ive found the number of vegan cooking shows not on youtube (and even on youtube) to be pretty lacking. And due to being off from work due to Covid-19 ive been binging cooking shows on netflix (and watching Tiger King and being filled with rage). It certainly hasnt shaken my vegan resolve but dang is there a LOT of meat in these @-@
Are there any good food documentaries with veg in mind? Does anyone else do this? Do you think its good/bad/irrelevant?

I have a hard time watching cooking shows that involve dead flesh. That said, if I see a show is doing a pasta dish or focusing on veggies, I'll watch those parts.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and TofuRobot
I have a hard time watching cooking shows that involve dead flesh. That said, if I see a show is doing a pasta dish or focusing on veggies, I'll watch those parts.
Yea, I personally have trouble watching anything involving shellfish. I was watching an episode of this show called Ugly Delicious and there was an episode on crayfish and they were just casually talking about herbs and spices while boiling live crustaceans. That stuff is disturbing...
I still watch my favourite ones, as most of them also have many recipes that don't contain meat.
What are your favs? :D

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Yea, I personally have trouble watching anything involving shellfish. I was watching an episode of this show called Ugly Delicious and there was an episode on crayfish and they were just casually talking about herbs and spices while boiling live crustaceans. That stuff is disturbing...

What are your favs? :D

Jamie Oliver,Alton Brown, Nigel Slater,Heston Blumenthal, Ellie Kreiger, Sandra Lee, Food Unwrapped, The Great British Bake Off, Giada, The Barefoot Contessa, Mexican Made Easy etc as I can't remember all of them.

One of my most favourite ones is Good Eats. I also like Thomasina Meirs as she has a great Mexican cooking show.

I dislike Gordon Ramsey and Nigella Lawson.

Reactions: KLS52
Jamie Oliver, Heston Blumenthal, Ellie Kreiger, Food Unwrapped, The Great British Bake Off, Giada, The Barefoot Contessa, Mexican Made Easy etc as I can't remember all of them.

One of my most favourite ones is Good Eats.

I dislike Gordon Ramsey and Nigella Lawson.
I have heard a LOT of good things about Great British Bake Off.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
Oh Anna Olson and Laura Calder who are on the Canadian TV network. The former is American but she lives in Canada.

I like this Italian Grandma cooking channel. A big % of her recipes are vegetarian or vegan. She's so cute.

When her father was alive, his favorite dish was a toasted bread served with an "Italian hummus" made from cannellini beans, olive oil, herbs, and red pepper flakes.

Last edited:
No, I really can’t. But I really am not drawn to cooking shows that much anymore. I have grown to like “boring” food, I guess. I don’t mind making instant pot soup once in a while, or hummus, or maybe some scrambled tofu, but much beyond that and it’s just too complicated. ... Boring is really a bad word - minimalist or uncomplicated sounds nicer. I really just don’t need to make a big deal about food the way everybody else seems to like to. Truth be told, I’d rather be doing something else than preparing, cooking, or cleaning in the kitchen; or even eating, really. And my tastes are for whole food anyway so just throw some stuff in a bowl and I’m good. I do have a rather large collection of recipes on Pinterest, though. They invented the “Go to recipe “ link just for me. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I used to watch Jazzy vegetarian and Christina Cooks on PBS. I haven't seen them in a while.
Americas Test Kitchen I'd have on without paying much attention. Weekend mornings I often have TV on while doing other stuff. They have had some good veg recipes! That reminds me - I guess there is a vegan Test kitchen cookbook I need to check

Shows I really dislike are the healthy food ones that still use animal products. One woman separated eggs and threw out the yolks, I wanted to slap her!

Hello all

How weird is this? Just this morning I started watching a cookery show, but, then felt I had to turn it over as the female chef was cooking some skin (don't know what of, didn't wait to find out). First time I have felt repulsed by a show. Unfortunately the channel I flipped to was showing two lobsters waving their limbs sadly just before being boiled. So I flipped again, to see a well known chef on a beach with another chef, and two poor pigs literally speared through next to them, ready to roast... Argh! :yuck:

I then turned it off! I know I am a new vegan, but, I didn't realise I would feel so strongly about this. I think I will be sticking to Bake Off, unless a show says it is at least vegetarian.....

I am definitely well down the rabbit-hole now....:rabbit: