• I sure do!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

• No, but I'd love to.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, and I have no interest in it.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Not me, but I know at least one person who does it.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, but I definitely plan to at some point.

• Total voters

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Cosplay, or Costume Play, is something usually associated with geeks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I think it's interesting how it crosses age and ethnic lines, attracting men, women and children of different ages and ethnic backgrounds. It's interesting the kind of alter ego cosplay brings out from people, isn't it?

I said no and I have no personal interest, but I do know other people who do (or at least do something similar). :)

I like dressing up but I dont think that counts as cosplay.

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTERS what I mean is I love a fancy dress party and usually go OTT on my costume. What exactly defines cosplay vs dressing up? Its not anime/japanese stuff as I know someone who does Dr Who cosplay.

Reactions: thefadedone
I like dressing up but I dont think that counts as cosplay.

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTERS what I mean is I love a fancy dress party and usually go OTT on my costume. What exactly defines cosplay vs dressing up? Its not anime/japanese stuff as I know someone who does Dr Who cosplay.

I suppose that cosplay is when you try to imitate a certain character. So it can be video games, anime, cartoons, series or most about anything you can think of.

It's not something I'm interested in trying myself, but the overall concept is interesting and some of the costumes are pretty damn impressive.

One thing to consider is also that you don't have to 100% resemble the character yourself, and that making (or buying) a good costume can make a for a good cosplay in itself.

But that depends on how authentic you want to do it I suppose.