Confronting the Myth that Low Wages Are Necessary for Profits in the Fast Food Business

It's been pretty much the same experience in virtually every restaurant I've been to. We'd have to include cashiers into this as well. Doctors have a lot more knowledge than the average citizen, but I wouldn't say their job is physically demanding either. When I think of physically demanding jobs, I think of a job along the lines of a farm worker.
Oh, no, transplant surgeons performing 8-hour long surgeries where every move is vital aren't in the least physically taxed by this. :rolleyes:

Personally I would rejoice if the Dollar Menu disappeared from these poison sellers. They can only afford to sell the crap food that cheaply because of the low wages of their workers.

Well that and government subsidization of big ag.

We make shitty food cheap so big ag/food can profit on the front end and big health/pharmaceuticals can profit on the back end. Don't even get me going on big banks/finance and "too big to fail". It's pretty clear who controls our government and the "by the people, for the people" myth is perpetuated to keep us plebeians placated. Patriotism, American Exceptionalism, Terrorism, etc. serve to keep us distracted and to fund the Military Industrial Complex and make us feel special.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit cynical today...

Well that and government subsidization of big ag.

We make shitty food cheap so big ag/food can profit on the front end and big health/pharmaceuticals can profit on the back end. Don't even get me going on big banks/finance and "too big to fail". It's pretty clear who controls our government and the "by the people, for the people" myth is perpetuated to keep us plebeians placated. Patriotism, American Exceptionalism, Terrorism, etc. serve to keep us distracted and to fund the Military Industrial Complex and make us feel special.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit cynical today...

But it had to be said. :master: