Comparative ratings of media source accuracy and bias

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Interesting website that rates the relative accuracy and bias of various news media: Interactive Media Bias Chart - Ad Fontes Media

The ratings are what I imagined to be true. Fox and CNN display pronounced right-wing and left-wing biases, and both have lower accuracy. Wonkette and InfoWars received the worst ratings, for both bias and accuracy.

Highest ratings for accuracy and non-bias are given to AP News and Reuters.

Interesting website that rates the relative accuracy and bias of various news media: Interactive Media Bias Chart - Ad Fontes Media

The ratings are what I imagined to be true. Fox and CNN display pronounced right-wing and left-wing biases, and both have lower accuracy. Wonkette and InfoWars received the worst ratings, for both bias and accuracy.

Highest ratings for accuracy and non-bias are given to AP News and Reuters.

Nothing too surprising there. I personally trust BBC, The New York Times, and NPR which are all pretty close to top dead center on the chart.

I also like the BBC, though they seem to be left-leaning. I also tend to be left-leaning, but I'm trying to get my news from minimally-biased, accurate sources. I'm going to switch to AP News and Reuters.

Cool thanks for sharing. I like Reuters the best for just plain old what's-going-on-in-the-world news but they don't do much to connect the dots into a larger story...which is where bias is more likely to come into play. Washington Post, The Atlantic, and The Guardian are my other top sources...all left leaning but good journalistic integrity.

I actually like some news from left-leaning sources. MSNBC makes me happy. I like The Rachel Maddow show, but she repeats herself way too often. And she puts spin on things that don't need it. I like to listen to her podcast when I'm driving. It doesn't take that much concentration.

Oh. And I forgot PBS. The PBS NewsHour is my favorite evening news. But I don't rely on TV news that much. I'd rather skim headlines in my newsfeed and decide for my self what news to digest.

When I was living with my sister we recorded and watched PBS NewsHour every night. My BiL thinks Lisa Desjardins has a face made for radio. 😯

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
Oh. And I forgot PBS. The PBS NewsHour is my favorite evening news. But I don't rely on TV news that much. I'd rather skim headlines in my newsfeed and decide for my self what news to digest.

When I was living with my sister we recorded and watched PBS NewsHour every night. My BiL thinks Lisa Desjardins has a face made for radio. 😯

I put the previous nights' NewsHour on each morning while I make breakfast. I think Lisa's kinda cute!

• Wow
Reactions: Lou
Cool thanks for sharing. I like Reuters the best for just plain old what's-going-on-in-the-world news but they don't do much to connect the dots into a larger story...which is where bias is more likely to come into play. Washington Post, The Atlantic, and The Guardian are my other top sources...all left leaning but good journalistic integrity.
I love The Guardian.

Reactions: Sax
I'm willing to wager that this infographic pretty much matches up with "mediabiasfactcheck.com" on rating sources of information which happens to be founded/run by David E. Van Zandt who is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations "one world government" group funded by Rockefeller Foundation.