ColeSlaw

lostsoul70

Newcomer
Reaction score
I want to make a coleslaw that I can vacuum seal and I would like to put, Carrots, Celery, Apples, raisins and cabbage? but I don't know what to put in it like a dressing and I'm not sure about the cabbage

This is pretty simple. I don't usually put apple or raisins in mine. If you plan on vacuum sealing this for later, I would suggest slicing your apple (julienne) and then toss them in lime juice, so they don't brown (oxidize). As for the coleslaw, I usually just shred half a green or red cabbage with one or two large carrots. There's lots of twists, as in things you can add to coleslaw. For example, I like fennel root in mine occasionally. Nuts or seeds add a nice twist as well.

As for dressing:

I don't measure, so I can't give you exact amounts, but a standard coleslaw dressing is just, veganaise, vinegar, and sugar. You can do lots of twists on this dressing as well. For example, a little horseradish, pineapple juice, etc. Don't forget to season the dressing. I usually just put some celery seeds, and fresh cracked black pepper. If I was to guess amounts, I would say around a half cup of veganaise, two tablespoons of vinegar (can sub for a citrus juice), two tablespoons of sugar. This is just a guess. I just add the sugar & vinegar and whisk it until it tastes good, adding more if needed.

Reactions: LoCo and Lou
This is pretty simple. I don't usually put apple or raisins in mine. If you plan on vacuum sealing this for later, I would suggest slicing your apple (julienne) and then toss them in lime juice, so they don't brown (oxidize). As for the coleslaw, I usually just shred half a green or red cabbage with one or two large carrots. There's lots of twists, as in things you can add to coleslaw. For example, I like fennel root in mine occasionally. Nuts or seeds add a nice twist as well.

As for dressing:

I don't measure, so I can't give you exact amounts, but a standard coleslaw dressing is just, veganaise, vinegar, and sugar. You can do lots of twists on this dressing as well. For example, a little horseradish, pineapple juice, etc. Don't forget to season the dressing. I usually just put some celery seeds, and fresh cracked black pepper. If I was to guess amounts, I would say around a half cup of veganaise, two tablespoons of vinegar (can sub for a citrus juice), two tablespoons of sugar. This is just a guess. I just add the sugar & vinegar and whisk it until it tastes good, adding more if needed.

This sounds gorgeous! I made coleslaw recently, and instead of sugar I added a spoonful of vegan honey made from apples and pears. It's from a British company called Northern Pantry and it took it to the next level! Coleslaw is such a fun one to play about with!