Clothing/ethics

JD123

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi all,

Not sure if I've posted this in the right place place but I need some advice!

It was my birthday recently and I was gifted a lacoste hat.
My issue is lacoste was one of my favourite brands before I became vegan, a couple of months ago, however I have since found out they are not a cruelty free company. I have been told this is probably because of their perfumes/cologne that are tested on animals, not necessarily their clothing.

Would it be unethical to still wear their clothing?
I also don't want to offend the person who bought me the hat.

Like I said I have only been vegan for a few months and I'm still learning about all the intricacies of this new lifestyle, but I'm doing my best :)

Any help greatly appreciated

Reactions: Yuri
If you wear it you'll be hauled before the Vegan Supreme Court and tried for heresy.

j/k...I'd say this is a personal call. Do you feel guilty or hypocritical wearing it? I'd feel okay accepting it as a gift, and wearing it, if it isn't made from animal products itself.

Reactions: Lou
I agree with Sax .. Go within , into your heart , and feel what your inner truth is about this . If it doesn't feel "right" to wear it , don't .. If it feels ok , go for it .. Only you can be the master of your own Truth about things - never betray your own inner Truth , no matter what anyone else says or thinks .

Our inner feelings ( not our thoughts) tell us a lot about ourselves - put the hat on , then be still and quiet and see how it feels inside you ..

Many blessings to you , from Blissful x