Class Action Lawsuit: Have you bought milk or milk products in the past 14 years?

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
If you’re a milk drinker and resident of one of 15 different states or Washington D.C.—or you were at any point from 2003 on—start warming up your typing fingers, because there’s a legal settlement you need to claim. Apparently Big Dairy was busted for artificially increasing milk prices and, as a result, they’ve been ordered to pay damages of $52 million to settle an antitrust class-action lawsuit.

Residents of Arizona, California, the District of Columbia, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin are eligible to claim part of the settlement, which could be between $30 and $70 per person. The catch? You have to swear that you purchased milk or milk products (including cottage cheese, cream, cream cheese, half and half, sour cream or yogurt) at any point in the past 14 years. (And as near as I can tell, the only proof that is required is a willingness to check a box that says “I purchased milk or fresh milk products.”)...

If You've Bought Milk In the Past 14 Years, You May Be Eligible For This Settlement

You can file a claim here: Bought Milk?

Reactions: Amy SF
Thanks, I filled out and submitted the claim form. I remember when my cat Bear had bowel problems, the vet recommended giving him milk to drink to help him poop. He liked half and half.

I've only been vegan for about 9-10 years, so that leaves a few years they owe me for.