US Christian minister plans terrorist attack on US muslims ... gets released on bail

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Before you here it elsewhere...

We live in interesting times.
A US Christian minister and former congressional candidate has been arrested for plotting a terrorist assault on the US city "Islamberg", wanting to kill dozens with guns and, if need be, machetes:

Christian Minister Robert Doggart Reportedly Caught Plotting An Attack On American Muslims In Islamberg

Now ... where have you heard about would-be Muslim terrorists that are caught ... and then released on $ 30,000 bail?
What are authorities thinking exactly (if they are, at all)?

Muslims in US outraged as man plotting to attack Islamberg released on bail

I can only shake my head in disbelief...

Also interesting that apparently no one else has been arrested or even questioned (?) in this case, despite Doggart's claim that he had "10 committed men".

It would make sense for the FBI to write up a press release to clarify.

Before you here it elsewhere...

What are authorities thinking exactly (if they are, at all)?

Despite being part of the U. S., Tennessee is a different world....

It would make sense for the FBI to write up a press release to clarify.

Unless they believe giving a "heads-up" to these 10 men (via a press release) would would make it harder to catch them.

Last edited:
Unless they believe giving a "heads-up" to these 10 men (via a press release) would would make it harder to catch them.
I'd think if they really were concerned about catching them, they wouldn't have released Doggart back into the wild, where he could warn them.

I'd think if they really were concerned about catching them, they wouldn't have released Doggart back into the wild, where he could warn them.

Unless it's a double-decoy in the sense that they think his release would make them more comfortable to come out into the open/let their guard down, and easier to catch.

All in all, I would trust the federal officials more than the local-yokal officials who have direct ties to the community.

I guess if he had been a Muslim terrorist, they would have extracted the names of the other 10 men from him with creative motivation techniques in Guantanamo prison by now...

Anyway, he was arrested more than a month ago (April 10), and it seems the story only now slowly begins to be widely circulated...

Last edited:

Another thought. If Doggart tried to warn them, he could be traced or tracked, and lead them straight to the other 10.

He seems both arrogant and old enough not to realize he could be tracked.

Since Muslims are semites, could we consider this anti-Semitism?
I think you mean to say Arabs are semites. So on that basis there is some merit to what you're proposing, but I believe the term has been used to mean "racism against Jews" ever since it was coined, so if we were to change this legacy/historical meaning, then there would be a lot of confusion. Personally, I think "racism against Jews" is a better term. Or simply "racism", depending on the context. I don't think there is anyhing special about anti-semitism that makes it better of worse than other kinds of racism.

I think you mean to say Arabs are semites. So on that basis there is some merit to what you're proposing, but I believe the term has been used to mean "racism against Jews" ever since it was coined, so if we were to change this legacy/historical meaning, then there would be a lot of confusion. Personally, I think "racism against Jews" is a better term. Or simply "racism", depending on the context. I don't think there is anyhing special about anti-semitism that makes it better of worse than other kinds of racism.

The problem with that is that Jews, collectively, aren't a "race."

Also, it is seldom observed that *racists* would do a lot of scientific research into who to "properly" target with their hate.

"Everybody who is different to me" is often a good approximation.

Reactions: Mischief
I should have said some Muslims are semites. There's a lot of hatred against Muslims from what I can tell. It deserves its own term.