China Calls U.S. Outrage Over Olympic Uniforms 'Hypocritical'

Well... It does seem kinda dumb... Are the Nike uniforms that many of the athletes will be wearing make in the USA? What about the shoes? Or the equipment they will be using?

And the people who are so outrages over this, do they actually make conscious efforts to try and buy as many US made products as possible?

When I was in basic training, the uniform caps we were issued all had "made in China" tags on them. They actually made sort of an event out of having us rip out what they referred to as the "commie tags" lol. People were getting all into it too, as if enthusiastically rippling out the tag changed where the cap was made.

Really I don't care though. I've made it no secret that China is like my second home (I guess third now that I officially reside in Canada). We have decided that we value a low price above all else. Can't fault either the Chinese factories or the American distributors for responding to what the market demands.

As if there aren't more important things for our federal legislature to be worrying about. :rolleyes:

As if there aren't more important things for our federal legislature to be worrying about. :rolleyes:
But getting upset about this distracts stupid people from the real issues and lack of progress on them...

Stuff for the Olympics is probably the last thing that should be focused on in the "made in the U.S.A." versus made elsewhere debate. The place to start would be to require everything purchased by federal, state and local governments to be produced in the U.S., start to finish. And that's not going to happen.

I don't think politicians are commenting on it as a distraction though - it's political football, that's played because the majority of the electorate is too simple minded and/or lazy to focus on anything other than five second soundbites.

The U.S. Olympic Team is privately funded. I think the United States is the only country that doesn't financially support its Olympic Team. That's just how we roll.

Further, most people, including members of Congress, probably own quite a lot of foreign-made clothing.