Cherry puree/syrup

feather

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
We have 3 cherry trees all very young. Oldest one gave us cherries for the third year.

cherrytree2.jpg
picked cherries.jpg

Aren't they pretty? I canned 13-1 cup jars of puree/syrup depending on how much they thicken up while cooling. We use our purees on toast, most of them thicken up, or use them on nice-cream, or to top desserts if we have that.

My favorite fruit, cherries!

They're on grocery store shelves now, but at outrageous prices, which I refuse to pay. I am so envious of your beautiful cherry trees. I have an amazing plum tree, apple tree and a pear tree in my backyard and would gladly trade all 3 for a good producing cherry tree. So why don't I plant one, you ask? Well, the problem is I'm selling my house within the next two to three years. I would only plant it to see someone else benefit from it.

My favorite dessert, cherries jubilee. I do love a good cherry pie too.

We have 3 cherry trees all very young. Oldest one gave us cherries for the third year.

View attachment 24845
View attachment 24846

Aren't they pretty? I canned 13-1 cup jars of puree/syrup depending on how much they thicken up while cooling. We use our purees on toast, most of them thicken up, or use them on nice-cream, or to top desserts if we2 have that.
Ive only cherries that shade of red in jars! Maraschino
Growing up we had 2 old trees , very bountiful, and they were dark red

Reactions: feather