Cat has been mayor of Alaska town for 15 years

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
National polls show that voters all over the country are losing faith in their elected leaders. But the 900 residents ofTalkeetna, Alaska, say their mayor is doing a great job bringing in tourist dollars and has served in office for over a decade.
"He's good. He's probably the best we've ever had," resident Lauri Stec tellsKTUU. "He was just in the Alaska Magazine, and he's been featured in a few different things."
In fact, Stec hangs out with Mayor Stubbs most days at Nagley's General Store, even though she notes, "He's growling at me right now."
That's because the 15-year-old mayor is actually a cat, who was elected to office as a write-in candidate shortly after his birth.
"Their tour guides will trick them [the tourists]," fellow Nagley's employee Skye Farrar tells KTUU. "They'll tell them to go to Nagley's and ask for the mayor."...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cat-mayor-alaska-town-15-years-204423536.html

MayorStubbs.jpg

Reactions: Second Summer
What I find just shocking is that the article stated he was elected shortly after his birth. So they didn't elect a cat, they elected a kitten! A kitten can't possibly be prepared for the responsibility of public office!

So many pencils.
He needs those so his caretakers can hold his paws around them and make flappy motions with them in the air, and go "OH WHO'S SIGNING AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AWWWWW YES GOOD KITTY YOU FIX OUR GOVERNMENT YES YOU DO YES YOU DOOOO!"

And the cat's just like "Wtf are you doing hooman, feed me."