• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

jake

Newcomer
Reaction score
Im 16 and my mum just bought me a 50/50 pizza which is half vegan half meat, i would prefer not to eat it even if i am "allowed" but i dont want to waste my mum's money as we are not the richest,
Thanks in advance

Are you talking about only eating the vegan side?? I would be concerned about meat juices running over. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

I do understand the need to conserve money. I think it's a bit subjective - do you think you could convince your mum to buy fully vegan pizzas to share in future? Then she could add what toppings she wanted after you cut it in half at home.

We can only do our best though :innocent:

Are you talking about only eating the vegan side?? I would be concerned about meat juices running over. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

I do understand the need to conserve money. I think it's a bit subjective - do you think you could convince your mum to buy fully vegan pizzas to share in future? Then she could add what toppings she wanted after you cut it in half at home.

We can only do our best though :innocent:
i mean like i don't find meat disgusting, i just choose animals over taste buds i think people go over the top with stuff as long as im trying my best that should be enough because there's always going be someone that can top you, i eat vegan oh well i eat organic fruits only oh i go to protests oh well i collect my own foods, so i think that everyone should try there hardest and not to judge others on what they eat or what they do everyone has there reasons,
Thanks for replying.

Then it sounds like you already made up your mind.:neutral:
'Meat' is disgusting if you're in it for the animals though... it's the blood, sinew, tissue, muscle, fat, skin and bone of another living being.

Reactions: 1 person
'Meat' is disgusting if you're in it for the animals though... it's the blood, sinew, tissue, muscle, fat, skin and bone of another living being.
i find it disgusting to hear people munching the meat in there mouth it cringes me because i cant help but feel like there eating there humanity, i cant help the tastebuds that i have been assigned but what i can help is the way i use them if you liked the taste of **** you wouldnt eat it because its disgusting but that dosn't mean that the taste disgusts you but everything else about the thing your eating is disgusting.
I did not mean i didnt find the meat disgusting morally wise but taste wise.
btw i cut of half inch of the pizza where it touched the other side and it was a thin crust so it wasn't soging of meat fat if it was then i wouldn't of eaten it.

been vegan for 14 days how long have you been vegan

Hi Jake,

About the money difficulties, I wanted to comment that vegan food is actually the cheapest stuff at the store. Think rice, potatoes and beans.

I have been vegan since March this year.

Please do not feel under any scrutiny or judgement around the forum, most of us used to be meat eaters in the past until we learned better.

Gab

Reactions: 1 person
been vegan for 14 days how long have you been vegan

My journey has been a long one.
Meat reducer since September 2009.
Pescetarian since July 2012.
Lacto-ovo vegetarian since September 2012.
Lacto-vegetarian since November 2012.
Vegan since April 2014.

My journey has been a long one.
Meat reducer since September 2009.
Pescetarian since July 2012.
Lacto-ovo vegetarian since September 2012.
Lacto-vegetarian since November 2012.
Vegan since April 2014.
why didn't you just go vegan from the get go, did you find it to hard i found it easier to go vegan than to eat meat because of the guilt i get about thinking of eating meat

Hi Jake,

About the money difficulties, I wanted to comment that vegan food is actually the cheapest stuff at the store. Think rice, potatoes and beans.

I have been vegan since March this year.

Please do not feel under any scrutiny or judgement around the forum, most of us used to be meat eaters in the past until we learned better.

Gab
thanks for replying, i know things like rice are cheap but i only go shopping once a week and never by enough or i will buy enough rice but won't have enough veggies vice versa.

Hi @jake

The journey is different for everyone. Here at the vegan forum we try to be moderate about that kind of thing.

I was not even aware that veganism existed, as silly as that might sound, 'til roughly around 2013. I did not know it was possible to stay healthy and be vegan. Mostly because that is what I had heard from other vegetarians. Also, I did not go vegan for the animals - initially I was just concerned about my carbon footprint. That is why I took the journey as above, gradually cutting back my carbon footprint. When I went vegan in April 2014, it was still for environmental reasons. I did not watch slaughterhouse footage until I transitioned - i.e. I did not watch what was being done to the animals long before 2014. As I got accustomed to being vegan, I educated myself more and more. I didn't watch Earthlings 'til after going vegan, or any other such shocking documentary. Initially I did find it hard to cut out dairy, but once I had found substitutes that I was fond of it got easier (and also when I learned what was happening to cow families too).

Now, I am vegan for every reason there is. Now, I have all the information. But since it took me a long time I am very sympathetic that it might take a while for others too - even if they do have all the information in one go. I am aware that there are still myths to dispel and that people are scared of what they don't know, so what we try to do here at the forum is to arm our visitors with as much hard science and accumulated knowledge as we can give them. :)

Hi @jake

The journey is different for everyone. Here at the vegan forum we try to be moderate about that kind of thing.

I was not even aware that veganism existed, as silly as that might sound, 'til roughly around 2013. I did not know it was possible to stay healthy and be vegan. Mostly because that is what I had heard from other vegetarians. Also, I did not go vegan for the animals - initially I was just concerned about my carbon footprint. That is why I took the journey as above, gradually cutting back my carbon footprint. When I went vegan in April 2014, it was still for environmental reasons. I did not watch slaughterhouse footage until I transitioned - i.e. I did not watch what was being done to the animals long before 2014. As I got accustomed to being vegan, I educated myself more and more. I didn't watch Earthlings 'til after going vegan, or any other such shocking documentary. Initially I did find it hard to cut out dairy, but once I had found substitutes that I was fond of it got easier (and also when I learned what was happening to cow families too).

Now, I am vegan for every reason there is. Now, I have all the information. But since it took me a long time I am very sympathetic that it might take a while for others too - even if they do have all the information in one go. I am aware that there are still myths to dispel and that people are scared of what they don't know, so what we try to do here at the forum is to arm our visitors with as much hard science and accumulated knowledge as we can give them. :)
"Its not how you get there its that you're there in the end" thanks for speaking, it sounds like you are where you want to be now and i didn't know vegans existed till well till 15/16 days ago but then i see on the internet that people hate vegans mostly because of the big mouths who have thousands of subscribers making a bad name for vegans but there is some that spread good words, thanks one more time. bye

The pizza idea seems fine to me. Half and half, no problem. As long as you are OK with it, then it's fine.

It's funny how a couple of you I might have seen as vegans for many years actually turn out from the comments above to be only doing it for about the same length of time as me (I am only mostly vegan, not properly). You seem to talk about it with quite a lot of authority and knowledge so I had just assumed you were probably vegan for ages.

Hi @Jamie in Chile.

When I took the post as moderator I did all I could to get thoroughly in-the-know ;) But also, my I am researcher by profession. That's my occupation on my tax return, along with freelance writer, so research in general comes very naturally to me :)

That seems so weird to me that there is a pizza that exists in the store marketed as half vegan and half meat. Thank your mom for the effort, maybe go shopping with her next time! I'm sure she'd love the help and quality time with you!

Reactions: winter.frost
That seems so weird to me that there is a pizza that exists in the store marketed as half vegan and half meat. Thank your mom for the effort, maybe go shopping with her next time! I'm sure she'd love the help and quality time with you!
papa john's pizza haha not store bought, sorry for the confusion.

Oh. Well, honestly, cross contamination in places like that is kind of a given. Maybe just learn from this time and ask your mom if you can order it differently next time :)

Oh. Well, honestly, cross contamination in places like that is kind of a given. Maybe just learn from this time and ask your mom if you can order it differently next time :)
yh i deffo wont do it gain but it was one of the best pizzas i have ever tasted.

Had the same problem with my parents, when I was still living with them. Eventually we agreed on ordering 2 smaller pizzas instead of 50/50 large one... Maybe you can do the same.