Calmer since going oil-free vegan

StrawberryField

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I have to admit. I feel calmer since going vegan. It's only been 42 days but there's something going on. It's kind of like a melancholy calm but not a depression if that makes any sense. I'm just able to "feel" myself in a way I haven't before. I have less social anxiety because I have no problem being who I want to be in any given situation at any given moment around anybody. I use to feel like I had to put on a show for people so that I'd be excepted but now I just want to be me all the time. I must also add that I've given up marijuana as well as caffeine. I've given up marijuana for about a year once but nothing really changed. Coffee was always about a one cup a day kind of thing. I don't miss that stuff at all. The worse thing I've had is the occasional beer when I go out but I've never been a huge drinker.
Has anybody else experienced this? Would love to hear some of your stories. thanks

That's great to hear!

I've never been good at introspection, but most of my observations are based on others reactions or behavior towards me. I never really had issues that affected me mentally (wife calls me a robot), so I had a pretty solid baseline to begin with.

Since going vegan, things I hear from others that I never did before:
1. You're so happy all the time! Must be that vegan thing.
2. You're glowing! Must be that vegan thing.

As a guy, its weird to hear that I'm glowing, but I'll take a compliment. :p

Reactions: Sax
In my opinion, some of the calm is from not having to decide "how much is too much or too little". How many eggs should I eat, how much coconut oil is too much? why do I feel ill when I eat eggs cooked in coconut oil.... Now it is just so much simpler and so calming. I do feel some anxiety if I have an 'oily' treat.

It is also so nice to know that my arteries and veins are cleaning themselves out instead of building up plaque and that in itself is calming. There are also some schools of thought that say the anxiety of the animals transmits itself into their meat and so when we ate it we ate their stress as well. Not eating it any longer could induce calm. I love that idea.

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot and Lou
There are also some schools of thought that say the anxiety of the animals transmits itself into their meat and so when we ate it we ate their stress as well. Not eating it any longer could induce calm. I love that idea.

Emma JC

I think there is Read Scientific Evidence to that.
And there is evidence that in factory farming all kind of chemicals (residues of hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides) can be found in milk and meat.

In my opinion, some of the calm is from not having to decide "how much is too much or too little". How many eggs should I eat, how much coconut oil is too much? why do I feel ill when I eat eggs cooked in coconut oil.... Now it is just so much simpler and so calming. I do feel some anxiety if I have an 'oily' treat.

It is also so nice to know that my arteries and veins are cleaning themselves out instead of building up plaque and that in itself is calming. There are also some schools of thought that say the anxiety of the animals transmits itself into their meat and so when we ate it we ate their stress as well. Not eating it any longer could induce calm. I love that idea.

Emma JC
Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Emma JC
I think there is Read Scientific Evidence to that.
And there is evidence that in factory farming all kind of chemicals (residues of hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides) can be found in milk and meat.

Yes!

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot