British PM Cameron urges UK to reject Scotland’s independence bid

I'm all for Scotland and England separating as long as the Scots pick up the tab for the humungous debt bequeathed by two Scottish Chancellors (Brown and Darling) and two Scottish banks (RBS and HBoS). Brown was running a budget deficit at the peak of boom and turned his blind eye to the housing bubble, whilst those merchant bankers in Edinburgh (Herr Blair's home town) were buying up American mortgage securities, which we have all now paid for through their bailouts; Oh and if Cameron doesn't want to be separated from his clan, we deport him north of the border, yay!
Let's face it: We can thank the English for Brown, Darling, and Blair. After all, England has 83.9% of the UK population and I would imagine a similar part of the electorate. The English simply loved Tony Blair and his governments, so much so that they won 3 elections in a row. And Blair himself was elected in an English constituency, despite his Scottish background.

I'm not sure of the dichotomy of either 'loved the Labour government', or voting in a way that would allow a Tory government.....

Let's face it: We can thank the English for Brown, Darling, and Blair. After all, England has 83.9% of the UK population and I would imagine a similar part of the electorate. The English simply loved Tony Blair and his governments, so much so that they won 3 elections in a row. And Blair himself was elected in an English constituency, despite his Scottish background.

Which English people loved Blair apart from those in Spennymoor who voted for him? Those New Labour war criminals never received a majority of the the English vote. Oh and that England has 83.9% of the electorate is a consequence of England's high population density and one reason among several why England needs its own national government, free from the shackles of 'the UK'. The 'West Lothian' question has never been satisfied, MP's for Scottish constituencies can still vote on matters exclusively affecting England, but the reverse cannot happen. MP's for English constituencies have no say on matter exclusively affecting Scotland. Student tuition fees are an obvious example of this.

Which English people loved Blair apart from those in Spennymoor who voted for him? Those New Labour war criminals never received a majority of the the English vote.
I stand by what I said. Labour won 3 elections in a row in England:
1997 was a landslide for Labour in England: http://www.ukpolitical.info/England.htm Also: http://www.election.demon.co.uk/ge1997.html
2001: Clear majority to Labour: http://www.election.demon.co.uk/ge2001.html
2005: Labour won the majority of seats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_breakdown_of_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2005
Oh and that England has 83.9% of the electorate is a consequence of England's high population density and one reason among several why England needs its own national government, free from the shackles of 'the UK'. The 'West Lothian' question has never been satisfied, MP's for Scottish constituencies can still vote on matters exclusively affecting England, but the reverse cannot happen. MP's for English constituencies have no say on matter exclusively affecting Scotland. Student tuition fees are an obvious example of this.
I'm one of those bloody immigrants, so I struggle to comprehend why exactly England doesn't have its own national government and parliament like the other countries in the kingdom. Maybe if Scotland were let loose, you'd be allowed to have your own government.

Last edited:
The Panelbase poll commissioned by pro-independence website Wings Over Scotland puts the Yes vote on 41% and No on 46%.

The Yes figure is the highest rating recorded so far in response to the question ‘Should Scotland be an independent country?’ - the question that will be put to voters on September 18.

The Yes campaign described the poll results less than six months before the referendum as “very encouraging”, while the head of Better Together Alistair Darling said the No lead remained the same, underlining that the majority of people in Scotland want to remain part of the UK.
Full article: Scottish independence: Yes support rises in poll (The Scotsman, 6. April 2014)

we need Scottish oil, and Scottish Labour MPs....I think if they go, then the political spectrum, and the centre ground, will shift to the right....we'll have Torygeddon, and an even newer Labour.

Reactions: SummerRain
I think if they go, then the political spectrum, and the centre ground, will shift to the right....we'll have Torygeddon, and an even newer Labour.

Yes, that is what worries me too. I still think it's up to Scotland to decide though, I'm not really bothered one way or another.

Reactions: SummerRain