Breyers Vegan Icecream

Grayveggie

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Has anyone tried Breyers Vegan icecream? They have two flavors: Oreo Cookie and vanilla peanut butter. I tried the Oreo one and it was delicious! I found it in my local SuperWalmart, $4.88 for a half gallon.

Haven't seen it yet. I've been sticking with So Delicious cashew milk ice cream and an occasional Ben and Jerry's coffee caramel or peanut butter cookie. :lick:

Reactions: Urban Gardener
Has anyone tried Breyers Vegan icecream? They have two flavors: Oreo Cookie and vanilla peanut butter. I tried the Oreo one and it was delicious! I found it in my local SuperWalmart, $4.88 for a half gallon.

I got it for the first time today. I got the Oreo cookie. I am looking forward to the vanilla peanut butter.

It isn't going to become my favorite frozen dessert but the price is right.

Reactions: Emma JC

This week, ice cream brand Breyers launched two new vegan flavors at retailers nationwide. Both made with almond milk, the new flavors are: Breyers Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip made with a cool mint base with chunks of chocolate chips mixed throughout and Breyers Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip which features a chocolate base swirled with chunks of crunchy chocolate chips. The new vegan flavors (priced at $3.99 per tub) are part of a larger launch of non-vegan ice cream products by Breyers’ parent company Unilever—which also owns ice cream brand Ben & Jerry’s, Talenti, Magnum, and many others.

I used to love Breyer’s before I went veg. I’m looking forward to trying their vegan ice cream.

FYI, Talenti’s dairy-free sorbetos are very tasty, but they’re not vegan. Egg is listed as an ingredient. I’m curious as to exactly how much egg they contain - how close to being vegan they are.

Me either. I tried a Full Circle Organic coconut based ice cream today but it was too watery IMO. B&J vegan ice cream is better but tastes kinda funny. Soy Delicious is the best I've tried, rich and creamy.

I only had Breyer's once. and it wasn't that great. But very inexpensive compared to the other brands of non-dairy. Trader Joe's chocolate coconut milk is good. and I like all the So Delicious cashew-based ones

that is such great news, as Breyers comes in a much larger container than the others (a regular size ice cream container) and I love mint so it would be nice to have that alternative as well as the other as I am getting tired of the peanut butter flavour and my honey isn't fond of the cookie flavour

I can make a container last for a month and when you consider it is the same price or less than the smaller brands, it is a great deal.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
A bit envious of you all in North America and the UK...
Here in Ireland the variety of Vegan ice cream is fairly limited...
There is a good vanilla - Swedish Glace
Limited flavours of Ben and Jerry’s
Alpro - only a few flavours
Halo - very few flavours
Magnum bars
There maybe more choices in the Dublin shops that aren’t available in my area

I was never a fan of Breyers dairy ice cream so I’m curious to see if the non-dairy would be any more appealing to me. So I will keep being on the lookout for it. I always found the dairy version to be more like ice milk and not very creamy. There used to be a popular ice milk called light and lively. That wasn’t very good either but at least it was a lower calorie alternative for those who were watching their weight and still wanted a frozen treat.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I was never a fan of Breyers dairy ice cream so I’m curious to see if the non-dairy would be any more appealing to me. So I will keep being on the lookout for it. I always found the dairy version to be more like ice milk and not very creamy. There used to be a popular ice milk called light and lively. That wasn’t very good either but at least it was a lower calorie alternative for those who were watching their weight and still wanted a frozen treat.
In which city do you live? If you have a local Trader Joe's, they have excellent vegan ice creams, at affordable prices.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
In which city do you live? If you have a local Trader Joe's, they have excellent vegan ice creams, at affordable prices.
Trader Joe’s is one of the few shops that I miss from the USA as well as a few great health food shops...

I just recently moved from New York to Connecticut. I had a trader Joe in NY and I do like their non dairy ice cream. They only had Cherry vanilla but it’s good. I’m pretty sure it was soy based which is my favorite base for non dairy ice creams. I find them to be the creamiest compared to almond/coconut milk ice creams.
My nearest trader Joe now is a 45 minute drive and they did not have as good a stock of vegan items as the one where I used to live. I’m not likely to go there very often.

• Friendly