BREAKING: LGBT People Should Be Put to Death, Says Aussie Salvation Army Major

Josh James xVx

Ah Pook is here
Reaction score
They show their true colors at last, just like I always knew they would.

Truth Wins Out

Explosive news out of Australia: in an interview with LGBT journalists Serena Ryan and Pete Dillon, a senior Salvation Army official said that non-celibate LGBT people should be put to death.
The official, Major Andrew Craibe, is the Salvation Army’s Territorial Media Relations Director for the Southern Territory in Victoria. Australian pop star Darren Hayes, the openly gay former lead singer of Savage Garden, recently called for a boycott of the Salvation Army because of the church’s anti-gay beliefs (just as Bilerico founder Bil Browning did here in the States). Hayes’s comments caused quite the firestorm, so Major Craibe appeared on Ryan and Dillon’s radio show, Salt and Pepper, to discuss the Salvation Army’s official position on homosexuality and whether it’s evolved over time.
Below is the interview with Salvation Army Major Andrew Craibe in full:

Discuss.

No man is an island. This person's vitriolic hatred is a representation of the opinions of those around him. The Salvation Army is a homophobic organization with a radical regressive agenda.

The part about putting them to death is no representation of their official opinion, I'd say.

When I first took in "LGBT people should be put to death" I thought it was going to be an article about Iran or Iraq.

Wow. Listening to that interview made my blood boil. Suggesting that homosexuals should not "practise" homosexuality, and that saying it's no different to abstaining from alcohol, and then saying he was hurt and confused that a homosexual would boycott the salvation army based on these sorts of teachings was bad enough. The death part was just... Wow. This guy is just... And then, he doesn't seem to give any reason aside from "that's what the bible says and I have to be in line with it".

Just wanted to post up this picture to make the rage subside a little
QB4IR.jpg

Because I hadn't finished listening to the interview when I posted last; he suggested his position would remain the same if his own children were gay. As in, death to the homosexuals regardless.

When I first took in "LGBT people should be put to death" I thought it was going to be an article about Iran or Iraq.

I thought it was going to be about some of the recent "Pastors" that have spoken out.

The whole thing is despicable and makes me sick.

That picture that's supposed to make my rage subside doesn't.

I'll quote Matt Dillahunty - "Dear enlightened liberal Christian. I'm not lumping you in with the extremists - you are. Find a new title and a new holy book to selectively quote."

Sorry it doesn't work for you :( to me, progress is progress, and I appreciate the efforts of the "I'm sorry" campaign. It gives me hope for the future. But, this is all slightly off topic :3

That picture that's supposed to make my rage subside doesn't.

I'll quote Matt Dillahunty - "Dear enlightened liberal Christian. I'm not lumping you in with the extremists - you are. Find a new title and a new holy book to selectively quote."

And that quote is pretty much idiotic.

Meh. There are veg*ns I don't want to be lumped in with, and with whom I have very little in common. On that same basis, I'm not going to lump all Christians together.

Were you the one who titled the article?

If it's not dishonest then please quote where he "says that lgbt people should be put to death", because I missed it.
Yeah, this is a serious issue and deserves better reporting than it got in this particular article. I didn't listen to the interview, but I did read the article, and all the reporter was really doing was putting words in the Salvation Army guy's mouth. Bad journalism.

Yes, there are some hardline conservatives in Australia.

lol'd when he nearly says 'human sexuality' instead. And I think the implication was 'deserve to die' in a 'onoes god hates me' way, rather than should be actively killed. Or rather 'god hates me now but if I die we're cool'. Or something...