TV & Film Blackfish

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Who will be watching Blackfish when it's released this month? It's a documentary film about when orcas in captivity attack and kill their trainers.
(Will try find the link to the trailer. If anyone beats me to it feel free to post, thanks) xxx

My husband and I saw it last Friday (July 26th) - loved it. Of course, we were already on the right side, but seeing it all presented in such a format was really awesome. I also enjoyed seeing how many other people were there; I wanted to high five them all.

I was happy that they had former SeaWorld trainers featured in this film. It made it less one-sided, seeing as SeaWorld refused to be apart of it altogether. The second half of the film lost me a bit and tended to focus too much on Dawn Brancheau's death - but I guess humans need actual proof that keeping these animals in captivity is abhorrent for both animal and human life involved (we as a species tend to only care about something when it endangers or affects us, after all).

This is a must-see for ALL, regardless of any and all preconceived notions you may have or what you think you already know. 2 mafackin' thumbs up.

Reactions: Dedalus
I went to see it Tuesday. Took along an omni friend who also loved it and was very angry at what she saw. She said everyone should see it. We have a right to see what is actually going on.
It's a shame that sea world wouldn't be involved but are now piping up saying the film is lying etc xxx

Reactions: Dedalus and CrowCaw
I plan to see this, no question. Though admittedly - this may be very hard to watch.

I remember seeing 'Orca' when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure I was scarred by some of those scenes, even though it is fictional. Even at that young age, it inspired me to get involved in the 'Save the Whales' campaigns at the time. (I contributed some crayon drawings / posters.)

I plan to see this, no question. Though admittedly - this may be very hard to watch.

I remember seeing 'Orca' when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure I was scarred by some of those scenes, even though it is fictional. Even at that young age, it inspired me to get involved in the 'Save the Whales' campaigns at the time. (I contributed some crayon drawings / posters.)

We watched it last night. Heartbreaking and eye opening. I lived off the coast of Canada and saw whales in the wild. Whales hold so much significance in First Nations life and culture.

I highly recommend this film.

Reactions: Amy SF